It's coming....another Raffle for Ram's Tuition

Ram (Sgt. Karka's son) has a tuition bill coming due in February. I thought I would run another raffle to see if we can help him out.

For the newbies, Rameshor Sunar is going to medical school in Latvia. He plans to return to Nepal when he graduates and help his people. The Kamis are the lowest caste in Nepal and are discouraged from going to school, and aren't even allowed to drink from the same tap in the village.

Uncle Bill and Pala have helped Ram go to school in Nepal and now in Latvia.

Details, a list of what's up for raffle, and pics will go up this afternoon.

Thanks!

Steve

Bob, if it's like the last one, there's no way you COULDN'T see something(S) that you like. There must have been close to 100 edged thingies to choose from. Seemed like it from the pics, anyway.

Everybody won through common generosity last time.

Let's see it!

Tx.

Ad Astra

Ok guys. Here's how it works. I've picked 11 nice HI pieces, one antique khuk that I bought from John Powell, and 2 nice Philippine pieces. Winner may take his pick of these pieces. For each 40 tickets sold, I will draw another name. So if we sell 120 tickets, 3 names will be drawn. Tickets will be $10 each. You can buy as many as you like. Payment will be by paypal to sferguson2@triad.rr.com or you may send check or money order. Email me for my address. Raffle will run through midnight Sunday January 16. Checks & Money Orders must arrive by Wednesday January 19th. Drawing will be held on the 19th and winners will ship on the 21st. All proceeds will go directly to Ram's bank account. I'm going to open this raffle to the members of Vikingsword.com as well, if it's approved by their people.

If you don't see anything you like here, let me know and I'll go digging! Good luck to you all and I hope this is fun for everybody!

Steve Ferguson

From the top on the left:
Baby Ganga Ram, 15" Villager Sirupati, Karambit, 14" Bura Dui Chirra
From the top in the middle:
Tibetan Sword, 30" Kobra, 25" Sirupati, 22" Chitlangi, 22" Gelbu, 20" AK, 21" Chainpuri
From the top on the right:
Old khukuri with cracked and glued bone handle, with elephant hide scabbard by Terry Sisco, 26" monster hilt Philippine sword, 20" Visayan Bolo

Overall.jpg

A really nice selection Steve. You're a really honorable and goodly man for doing this! :D :cool: :D

Chainpuri
Chainpuri.jpg

Karambit
kerambit2.jpg

Gelbu, Chitlangi, 18" AK (have an 18" and a 20" in the Raffle
GelbuChitlangi18AK.jpg

Tibetan sword with nice chocolate brown scabbard
Tibetan_overall.jpg

Monster head sword
overall.jpg

Hilt2.jpg

Just when I thought I was out (for a while ), you guys pull me back in!!!! :D :eek: Steve, you had to put up swords, didn't you? :p :cool: Seriously.this sounds like a great cause. I'll use Paypal.

Might as well add a 25" "Kobra like" sirupati, and a 20" Kobra to the 30" Kobra in the first pic.

3kobrasmall.jpg

Oops, forgot the Dhankuta!

Dhankuta100k.jpg

Oh what the hell, how about an old pitted Hyderabad Tulwar. By the way, it's WOOTZ.

Hyderabadtulwar800.jpg

wootz2800.jpg

Paypal sent. Sooooo many great choices. 30" Kobra, the Dhankuta, the Chainpuri, the Tibetan sword, etc., etc.,etc. :p :cool:

paypal sent

BTW is the talwar actual wootz or pattern welded?

So many of these I can't afford. So many more I would like to see (malla, pen knife, katana, manjushree, etc...) Ahh well this is already a great selection to choose from. The lucky few who win will be very lucky indeed.

Da Cantina has been berry berry good to me. :)

Yoippari, it's real actual honest wootz. As in Indian crucible steel. When I bought it on Ebay, I thought it it was just a cheap little armory piece. Pretty pitted. But it was suggested by Rsword on Vikingsword forum that I etch it, and lo and behold, it was wootz! It has a tiny hilt. My hands are small, and they have to squeeze into it. John Powell ID'ed it as probably coming from Hyderabad.

Steve

Back