Jack's Random Tuesday Carry

Thanks.
Maybe your selection of job was random?

More one of those essential jobs I randomly didn't get a chance to do today :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

wQU5dpP.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black First time seeing this thread ad I must say well done my friend well done!
I have already posted my carry for the day but you can always use another knife in your pocket.

S & M Barlow2 gifted to me by @mrknife a few years back hreat knife it's just been a safe queen :rolleyes:
x1yXBZV.jpg

Thanks Randy, I'm embarrassed to say that I've let things go a bit since the lockdown started, because I keep forgetting what day it is :rolleyes: I'm very grateful for the support though :) That's a great-looking Barlow, and a generous gift to a well-deserving guy :) :thumbsup:

That looks like a handy little knife, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, a bit of history :) :thumbsup:

Pe03sPO.jpg

I remembered it's Tuesday, but forgot to randomize. But it's a hot one, so I thought I'd add this.
MNyIGjg.jpg

Then I thought that might be too random. So I closed my eyes and reached into the sock drawer and came up with this.
s15j8RU.jpg

You've got a good memory Jer :D That CRKT is a very unusual knife! Nice EO Jack my friend :thumbsup:

You've got a good memory Jer :D That CRKT is a very unusual knife! Nice EO Jack my friend :thumbsup:
Thank you. It was called the art deco. 2 & 15/16" closed, 5 & 3/16" OA. Carbon fiber, I think.
tJP6l4c.jpg

The EO came from Little Falls NY. On a literally high street in a town shaped like a funnel.

Last edited:
"QUOTE="Jack Black, post: I actually remembered what day it was today! :rolleyes: So, I randomly selected a knife box, and pulled out this Wheatley Brothers Tackler's Knife :thumbsup:

xyjxdWe.jpg

OyHH66v.jpg
QUOTE"
Great, useful knife, Jack!! Lucky choice!! You've inspired my not-so-random choice of a Wharncliffe also!! I love those blades!!Random Wharn 1.jpg

I actually remembered what day it was today! :rolleyes: So, I randomly selected a knife box, and pulled out this Wheatley Brothers Tackler's Knife :thumbsup:

xyjxdWe.jpg

OyHH66v.jpg

Good looking knife, Jack! Looks like it's hardly been used or sharpened! (That big ol' sharpening choil is the sort of thing that makes me happy!) :D

Those always remind me of GEC's #47 Viper. I wonder if these were inspired by a Tackler's knife.

dpa7dW6.jpg

Good looking knife, Jack! Looks like it's hardly been used or sharpened! (That big ol' sharpening choil is the sort of thing that makes me happy!) :D

Those always remind me of GEC's #47 Viper. I wonder if these were inspired by a Tackler's knife.

dpa7dW6.jpg

Thanks Barrett, it does have a little wear from sharpening, but is in pretty good condition for a working knife, and it takes a great edge :) I always think the same when I see the Vipers, great-looking knife :thumbsup:

My Random Tuesday pick today is this slim 3 1/4" Jack by James Howarth, been quite a while since I carried this one :) :thumbsup:

CYstgfH.jpg

irH1UgY.jpg

55FAb3r.jpg

MAJMsyG.jpg

Howarth's were based on Bath Street in Sheffield, where my maternal grandparents lived, but ended their days in the same building as Arthur Wright & Son.

My Random Tuesday pick today is this slim 3 1/4" Jack by James Howarth, been quite a while since I carried this one :) :thumbsup:

CYstgfH.jpg

irH1UgY.jpg

55FAb3r.jpg

MAJMsyG.jpg

Howarth's were based on Bath Street in Sheffield, where my maternal grandparents lived, but ended their days in the same building as Arthur Wright & Son.

I realy like that

Another name to look out for :D

matchbook covers cool too

A Merry Old Barlow fell into my pocket today!!:D
View attachment 1351772

Nice to see Charlie :) :thumbsup:

I realy like that

Another name to look out for :D

matchbook covers cool too

Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:

Grabbed this old New York Knife Co Hammer Brand to go with the Lambfoot. New York Knife Co closed in 1931.

Very nice Les :cool: :thumbsup:

This still counts because I just came out of a 17.5 hr power failure. Not me, our power company.
Boker USA with the round shield missing, filled in with epoxy and chalk. It was pretty dark, I'm afraid.
2ghMKcI.jpg

That's a long one Jer :( Nice random find though :thumbsup:

Back