• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

JensenEliteBlades - BAD

Jensen has closed his webpage, stating it's closed until current orders are delivered :jerkit:

Somehow I don't believe this to be true, as he hasn't answered one of my email for about 6 months now.

FEDKNIFELOVER said:
I am a Federal Law Enforcement Officer (U.S. Probation Officer:thumbdn: ), and I placed an order with Peter over 15 months ago. I told him that it was imperative that I receive the knives, an EVO and companion, within several months. I sent 1/2 payment when he requested it. he even sent me emails with photos of examples. He strung me along until I got tired of his lies and demanded a refund. He doesn't reply to my emails anymore. The word is out in the law enforcement community to avoid this company at all costs. I am currently in contact with Australian law enforcement in an attempt to have this company charged with fraud. I will keep everyone posted of the outcome.
Can you send me pics of the Jensen knife that you have. He has some cool designs, maybe I can help you get this thing. How much was he charging? How much did you get hit for?

We have a design very similar to Jensen EVO Assualt. I was considering putting into production, do you think this would be something that would sale or should I limit production to under 250?
Just an idea we are tossing around in the design phase.

That's another delay tactic that Jensen is trying to use.

The fact is that he was behind with his payments with his web providor and they shut it down.

He also has a lot of unpaid advertising bills so magazines are pulling him out left right and centre.

I would urge everyone to DEMAND A FULL REFUND.

Do not accept any other excuse from him..........they are all lies!!!!!!

I don't really spend much time here nowadays...

But i got a note in my mailbox concerning this thread.

I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade but it is almost fitting to do the old "told you so" routine here.

I just don't get it that people kept ordering despite the not too positive feedback reported quite some time ago.
Everyone can have mishaps, but...

I'm grumpy, i just felt i had to respond in some way...

I sincerely hope that everyone that has uncleared business with the jensen crew will get what they are owed.

Sad story... :barf:

Having just read the whole of this thread (things are a bit quiet at work this morning) I feel bloody sick over it..especially cause I am an Australian...I have looked at this fella's site before and was keen to buy some stuff from him but am now very glad I didn't. I am sorry for the rest of you who have lost out on this.

SIFU1A said:
never pay down on a custom knife, a lot of time if they want a down payment it can mean problems...........

No, I ask for a downpayment as well as other makers (B.Dozier, B.Nealy) I have bought from over the years on customs.

Some people bite more they can chew or do not communicate well with their clients.

I email or personally talk to them. I only take so many orders that my maker can make for me. I buy most of the material so it is up to the maker to get the item done. I have had good makers.

I read stories like this and Allan Blade that keep me on my toes and bite in smaller sizes so i can chew.

I hope everybody get their knives or money.

S/F,
CEYA!
Ceya Knife Designz

Hi! Everyone, I'm new to the forum. It looks like I might be another of the long list waiting for knives from Jensen Elite Blades. In all fairness, he produces really good knives. Before I joined the forum, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but now it appears that nobody's getting their knives.

I've been waiting nearly a year now.

My phone messages and emails (when the link was working!) have not been replied to. My story seems to be similar to a lot of peole on this thread, JEB seems to be uncontactable. Has anyone had any luck?

I think that if a maker is getting bogged down with work, the right thing to do is let people who are waiting know. I imagine that most people would understand and know that from time to time smaller makers get flooded with orders, like when their knives get shown in knife magazines, etc. JEB's knives were profiled in the Australian Knife Magazine a year or so ago and I was told that they were pretty busy as a result.Openness is far better than ignoring customers - it just annoys them.

Has anyone considered legal action against JEB? I'm looking into it at the moment. I'm also weighing up if I should contact the New South Wales fraud squad.

Has anyone recieved any feedback from JEB at all lately? I don't really want to have to go down the legal path, as it will probably cost more than the money I paid for the knife, but I'm seriously thinking about it because people should not be allowed to get away with ripping people off.

All JEB had to do was be honest and let his customers know what was going on. I think most would have been understanding and prepared to wait until he got back on his feet, if only he had had the decency to be straight up and honest.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have any means to contact Jensen other than his now apparently defunct email address?

I ordered and paid in full for a Pikal Kerambit in December 2004 and was told it would be delivered in 12-16 weeks. In April 2005 I asked what was happening with the knife as I had heard no word of its delivery, and received a reply saying it would be another three weeks. Three months later, after a month of trying to contact them I received a phone message saying it would be "at least a few more weeks". Nine months later and I have been completely unable to get in contact with Jensen to cancel my order!

Sixteen months later and I can't even get in contact with him!

Makers like this are going to make people think twice before sending any money to a maker before the knife is complete. This might be a good thing, but it will hurt those that require a deposit.

Tiss a pity, his knives are original and solid, he seemed to enjoy his work.....just needs a good manager/PR person and a bunch of money to get himself out of the spiral downwards. Anyone want to put their hand up?....BTW, he has been doing the knife shows around Australia, if he is still doing them, perhaps you could "catch" him then.

Jensen, you are a wasted talent.....get some help and get on with it....

Here is Peter Jensen's contact numbers for anyone that's interested. Every time I call, all I get is a recorded message. I leave a message but guess what - nobody calls back. I've left messages that I'm going to give him to the end of May for my knife to appear and then I going to talk to a solicitor - maybe even the fraud squad in NSW.

02 4390 2821

It is really sad when this happens. Peter produces quality knives that are hard-use and unique. To avoid everyone being pissed off all he had to do was be honest and let people know that he was having trouble and would be late on delivering his knives. I've met the guy and both Peter and Bellinda seem nice enough people. I'm just frustrated that they haven't been straight up and honest about the delays. All they had to do was explain, instead they seem to be ducking and weaving and hoping people will stop asking for knives they've paid for.

I could be totally wrong - they might have had a string of legitimate troubles that have put their production out of action. I just think they should have told us.

Ditto! Delays I can dea with, IF they bother to take the time simply to keep me informed, particularly after they have taken all my money.

Of all the knives I've ordered, both from here and the US, I've never had trouble like this before. I've ordered a lot of knives from Peter that he made and delivered, no problems. It's a real shame when something like this happens. It unfairly reflects badly on all knife makers.

Apparently he was going great at one stage. He had the knives he was designing for Ray Floro (I don't know what happened there but a familar pattern seems to be appearing in relation to supply), a variation for one of the SWAT teams in the US and was also sending(or going to send) knives to Afganistan. I'm not a 100% sure on the Afganistan order, but if I recall correctly I think it was Peter or Bellinda that told be that.

Another source told me that there are some Army guys not to happy either.

The last message on his website before it was shut down said that he was not taking any more orders until all outstanding orders were filled. I hope that message was true and that it was not just another delaying tactic.

Back