• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

JensenEliteBlades - BAD

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to give Jensen to the end of the month (I resigned myself to the fact that I won't be getting my knife or a refund but that's what I stipulated in my letter to him), then I'm contacting the NSW police fraud squad and see what their advice is. I'm not sure if the site you recommended would process my case though, with me being located in Australia.

Thanks again for the tip - I understand that he has given you the run around as well. Hopefully this will get resolve one way or the other - a refund/knife or a conviction.

For anyone else who's has been messed around by Jensen and has knives outstanding, let me know before the end of May so that I have some more ammunition when I go to the police. They might not take my single complaint. seriously, but if I can show them that it is a considerable amount of money that he has taken without supplying products, then they might pay more attention because it would be a more serious conviction.

He is not going to get away with this.

Thanks.

Hi Fairbairn,

You might want to contact Keith Spencer from "Knives Australia" magazine.

He's received A LOT of complaints about Jensen.......he might be able to assist you.

Keith has great integrity, and Jensen has been giving Aussie knife makers a bad reputation.

From what I've heard.....Jensen has a few "illegal" items that the Police would be interested in.

Oh........I'm told Jensen's "work" number is 0409 327 907. If you dial 1832 before the number, I think it hides the identity of the caller......so he has to answer it....being a work phone.

I just sent an email to Keith at Knive Australia and explained the whole sorry tale. I'm sure it is not the first one he's heard about JEB. I'll let everyone know what the responce is.

I understand if he doesn't really want to be involved. Jensen has sullied the whole knife industry here in Australia as far as I'm concerned and I understand if other people related to the knife industry here don't want to know about him.

Ray, I understand that he made several knife designs for your fighting system. They looking interesting. It is a shame that he couldn't keep going. His ability to design practical yet interesting blade wear was his strength. Did he design the initial style of your fighting knife or was it you? I presented him with several designs that he made for me.

He even adopted one or two of them (the hudson bay style knife with the up surved blade and the Nessmuk style knife) Obviously they were not original designs on my part but I got him to modify them and I was satisfied with the results. I even said to him that he could adopt the designs if he wanted which is exactly what he did.

I don't think he intentionally tried to rip anyone off - others might think different - I don't know their stories, but I think that he was the victim of the Custom Knifemakers Curse - good quality knives that were in high demand which led to too many orders that over stretched his finances to a point where he couldn't recover. It's still not an excuse for not telling people what's going on.

I'll let everyone know what Knives Australia's responce is.

G'day Fairbairn,

I am another one of those caught up the the mess that was Jensen Elite Blades. I have a number of JEB knives, most of which I ordered to be specially made. I recieved all of those without any problem, and was in regular and amicable contact with both Peter and Belinda. I commissioned Peter to make two knives of my own design in the middle of 2005. I direct transfered a fair sized deposit into his bank account and was told that I could expect delivery by October. This did not eventuate. I caught up with Peter and Belinda at the Adelaide Knife Show in November 2005. I actually bought a couple of blades that he had on display at the show. I was at that time assured I would have the knives by Christmas. This did not eventuate!. Since then the phone and email has gone silent. I have recently forwarded a brief statement to a detective friend in the Victoria Police-Fraud Squad. I will make all aware of the outcome, when the information becomes available.

Thanks for the info Taskmaster.

I look forward to hearing what your friend from the Fraud Squad has to say.

I have a feeling that this will not have a happy ending, but I've got to give it a go. The knife I ordered cost me around $500.00. Money's to tight just to shrug my shoulders and say it was an expensive lesson. I'm going to do everything I can to see this resolved.

How were they when you spoke to them at the knife show? Was there any hint that there was any problems? He must have known he was slowly getting more and more behind. For him to keep trading and accepting money while he knew he was in trouble is criminal.

Thanks again for the info.

Jensen has more relatives sick and dying than Corporal Klinger did in "MASH".

In fact, Jensen has got more "unique" excuses than Klinger ever came up with.

Disbelieve anything Jensen says.........it's all stall tactics......hit him where it hurts........DEMAND A FULL REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A full refund was demanded nearly a month ago now. I think he believes if he ignores everyone that they'll just go away.

At one stage, when his phones still worked (correction- when he was still answering them) he gave me several excuses - a death in the family, needed to get away over the holidays, and that he was getting a special screw/nut made for handle of my knife. I think it was all of us that were 'screwed'. I'm so sick of all the excuses- they're all crap.

Fairbairn said:
Thanks for the info Taskmaster.

I look forward to hearing what your friend from the Fraud Squad has to say.

I have a feeling that this will not have a happy ending, but I've got to give it a go. The knife I ordered cost me around $500.00. Money's to tight just to shrug my shoulders and say it was an expensive lesson. I'm going to do everything I can to see this resolved.

How were they when you spoke to them at the knife show? Was there any hint that there was any problems? He must have known he was slowly getting more and more behind. For him to keep trading and accepting money while he knew he was in trouble is criminal.

Thanks again for the info.

Peter has always come across as a quiet, reserved type of person. Even at at a previous show in Melbourne he had the same demeanor. Belinda seemed to be quite the opposite. They say its the quiet ones you have to watch!
I put up $800 as deposit and havn't seen nor heard a thing from Mr. Jensen. For me this is too much to write off to bad experience.

Maintain The Rage!!!

:mad:

$800.00 - Ouch!! :eek: Believe me I understand how you feel.

Is there any news from your Fraud Squad friend? It will be useful information when I contact the NSW Police.

Thanks.

Fairbairn said:
$800.00 - Ouch!! :eek: Believe me I understand how you feel.

Is there any news from your Fraud Squad friend? It will be useful information when I contact the NSW Police.

Thanks.

I have some news, please email.

Neither Peter nor Belinda are 'man' enough to return communications. These guys have burnt a number of people inside and outside the knife community both here in Australia and abroad. Unless they realise the commitments they have made to customers, it will eventually get very ugly.

They`re giving all of us Aussies a bad name ! Please don`t think that all Australians are fraudulent , dishonest and unscrupulous human beings !

We are all good people except for JEB !!!

Just ask an Aussie we`ll tell you ! lol

True. There are a number of excellent Aussie knifemakers, and unlike Mr. Jensen, are great to deal with.

The vast majority of makers are as honest as they come. It is unfortunate that there have to be a few like Peter Jensen.

Back