Jfowl31's knife modding/making progression thread

Love the blue camel bone!

Got some new-old micarta and couldn't wait to put it on something. So I cut up a Madison barlow and put it back together as a pinchable spear with some killer butterscotch on it.

7S3UsIQ.jpg

lxzSm3a.jpg

MRce8U4.jpg

mdNebgo.jpg

Kxq4NHv.jpg

That's a sweet knife. I love the handles there beautiful. I know I can't afford it at this time but may I ask what that one would sell for JF?

That's pretty cool. Can I send you a knife yet?

Soon-ish. Once I get through the end of the year and deer season finishes I think I'll have some time to take on some orders again. .

That's a sweet knife. I love the handles there beautiful. I know I can't afford it at this time but may I ask what that one would sell for JF?

I usually post everything for sale on Instagram, Facebook, and here in the exchange. The TC barlow posted on the page prior is currently for sale, but I won't say the price ... I think that may violate the rules. Just search my posts and it should be easy enough to find the thread in the exchange.

Thanks for looking!

Put the other half of the Madison to some good use... Linerless butterscotch Westinghouse. Really lightweight and slim. Should make a great edc!

XN9076U.jpg

WMYCw7d.jpg

1xLPFL6.jpg

NM9bWew.jpg

This one looks very sleek. Like a sodbuster and trapper mix.

Soon-ish. Once I get through the end of the year and deer season finishes I think I'll have some time to take on some orders again. .

I usually post everything for sale on Instagram, Facebook, and here in the exchange. The TC barlow posted on the page prior is currently for sale, but I won't say the price ... I think that may violate the rules. Just search my posts and it should be easy enough to find the thread in the exchange.

Thanks for looking!
Right I should have known better I'll check it out now thanks.

I also forgot to post this last weekend but I made my first full knife! Actually put steel on the belt, heat treated, the whole shebang!

O1 tool steel, jigged vintage black paper micarta, even found an old sharp finger sheath that fit it with some wet forming. I can't tell you how happy I was to end up with a knife on my first try. I kept waiting to make a mistake and toss this thing in the trash... But now I have something I'll keep in my coat pocket and look back on one day and remember where I started!

rv7Kmef.jpg

GxAxx8K.jpg

wOZ38iE.jpg

Latest from this weekend... Hand jigged and dyed rooftop bone on a stainless 99 wharncliffe. Really pleased with how this one turned out!

P6oNNlS.jpg

7sMAmIQ.jpg

1lcpnmb.jpg

CmoWqJC.jpg

Really impressive bone, colour and jigging. Victor's Laurels for you sir:cool: I'd like my Moki lockback re-done in that :cool:

Regards, Will

Those both look great Jordan great to see you back in action :) :thumbsup:

Jordan, the red jigged bone is stellar, and that fixed blade you made looks like an outstanding cutter! Really excited to see this.

I also forgot to post this last weekend but I made my first full knife! Actually put steel on the belt, heat treated, the whole shebang!

O1 tool steel, jigged vintage black paper micarta, even found an old sharp finger sheath that fit it with some wet forming. I can't tell you how happy I was to end up with a knife on my first try. I kept waiting to make a mistake and toss this thing in the trash... But now I have something I'll keep in my coat pocket and look back on one day and remember where I started!

rv7Kmef.jpg

GxAxx8K.jpg

wOZ38iE.jpg
Both, very nice Jordan:cool::thumbsup:

Great stuff, especially that fixed blade! Be proud!

Back