John Lloyd Knives

Hey John, I think what Rick was asking is whether the joint is flush like the old Remington 1123/1173 pattern (also like the GEC 23/73 pattern).

Thanks for the picture, I'm not as savvy as most traditional knife folks and was clearly confused by Rick's question. It is not flush.

Chief

The mammoth ivory is excellent and so is your photography.

LloydGreenMicartashadow.jpg

lloyds2.jpg

Murph, that swayback in the Rosewood is a stunner - would like to see more of it please some time Sir!

Tapioca Walrus Ivory

Should I send this out to get those bolsters engraved ?

Vince I think the knife looks great as is, if you engrave it, it may limit your market?, what type of engraving?

Vince I think the knife looks great as is, if you engrave it, it may limit your market?, what type of engraving?

I'm not sure of the different names of the styles,but I know my cous has talent & whatever he does I've liked.

I really like this

Oak leaves & acorn ,border. This one is big enough to initial it in the center.

John told me he can't see the vertical hairline checks in this center cut tapioca walrus,until its finer finished near the end. By that time it's too late . So what do you do ? The grind,action,everything is fantastic.But there is hairline checks. Now John uses an epoxy that is so strong it has to be heated from the backside of the liners to remove those scales,any other way you bend the scales. So,I know those scales are stable (they are not coming off!)& I will not hesitate to get this knife engraved,if my cousin wants to do it,that is.

I'm not sure of the different names of the styles,but I know my cous has talent & whatever he does I've liked.

I really like this

Ah, okay. I was thinking more of my initials, or an owl or something. ;)

(More seriously, I would leave it as-is and let the simple elegance of its lines, cover material etc. continue to speak for itself.)

-- Is Mr. Lloyd on a Hiatus hiatus and making knives again, or did this one float up from before?

~ P.

Duncan,what are your initials ?

An owl would be awesome. Or something like a native or Celtic pattern would look cool. It seems like initials would really limit the appeal to those without the same initials :p

DJK

Ah, okay. I was thinking more of my initials, or an owl or something. ;)

(More seriously, I would leave it as-is and let the simple elegance of its lines, cover material etc. continue to speak for itself.)

-- Is Mr. Lloyd on a Hiatus hiatus and making knives again, or did this one float up from before?

~ P.

No one ever said John was not making knives. Just not taking any new custom orders & working on,what is on his books. The concrete for the house is finally getting poured after a delay. I'm sure there will be plenty of knives John will be making.
I need to keep my cousin in practice,though.

An owl would be awesome. Or something like a native or Celtic pattern would look cool. It seems like initials would really limit the appeal to those without the same initials :p

DJK

I've seen him do a whiskey still scene on a revolver frame,so I'm thinking an owl is a piece of cake

No one ever said John was not making knives. Just not taking any new custom orders & working on,what is on his books. The concrete for the house is finally getting poured after a delay. I'm sure there will be plenty of knives John will be making.

Whoops, my mistake. I either misread or misremembered an earlier message. :eek:

Thanks for the quick clarification. :thumbup:

~ P.

Whoops, my mistake. I either misread or misremembered an earlier message. :eek:

Thanks for the quick clarification. :thumbup:

~ P.

Oh no worries. Partly my fault too,when I type it's like rambling & sometimes half way in between my long winded ramblings I forget what I myself was trying to get to. Can you remember ? :confused:

Make no mistake though,Lloyd produces custom handmade slipjoint folders. John's a great guy :thumbup:

Duncan,what are your initials ?

Do Not Tempt me Vince lol.

Please forgive me, I too thought that John had stopped temporarily, its good news that one or two may sneak out here and there.

Oh..by the way, I near fell over looking at the engraving!
Wow! that's looks great!

Back