John Lloyd Knives

The slimeline gets me too. Oh but I sure like the rag micata Native too !!! I just had to save it as my desktop

The one in the center is a Don Hanson pattern he gave me. The slimline trapper has always been my favorite carry and tool. I carried a Case slimline for 35 years. Thanks very much for all your comments. Makes me want to build some more. Oh....hold it...I have 8 in the oven now!
8?!! Sweeet can not wait to see what’s coming up : )

I would be very happy to be a member of this John Lloyd Knife Appreciation Society. There have been other models but the stacked leather recently acquired by joeradza is extra special. 8 in the oven says he :rolleyes:, maybe there's a chance that someday I will have the pleasure. In the meanwhile I ogle the pretty knives. :)

Ray

A while back I asked John if he could make a stag teardrop for me. I owned a Case (too small) and a Queen (a little too beefy). I thought something in between would be perfect. Did I mention I wanted a matched pair? Oh, and a special shield to honor my home on Sanibel in Florida.
As it turned out it was like needing your ceiling painted and ending up with the Sistine Chapel. John absolutely nailed it. Gorgeous stag, 3 11/16" closed, engraved shield in the shape of a clam shell, half stops, and a zulu blade. These will forever be John Lloyd Clam Shell Teardrops.
IMG_3976.JPG IMG_3977.JPG

A while back I asked John if he could make a stag teardrop for me. I owned a Case (too small) and a Queen (a little too beefy). I thought something in between would be perfect. Did I mention I wanted a matched pair? Oh, and a special shield to honor my home on Sanibel in Florida.
As it turned out it was like needing your ceiling painted and ending up with the Sistine Chapel. John absolutely nailed it. Gorgeous stag, 3 11/16" closed, engraved shield in the shape of a clam shell, half stops, and a zulu blade. These will forever be John Lloyd Clam Shell Teardrops.
View attachment 926289 View attachment 926290
Wow! Just awesome, Alan! Well done Mr. Lloyd!

Oh my goodness Alan my friend!
Those knives!!! John smashed the ball out of the park with those two!
Everything you said about them is so true my friend. Wow!

Beautiful, Alan! I really like the "Lloyd" stamp.
I am so glad you are happy with them! Look forward to seeing more of it.

Beautiful, Alan! I really like the "Lloyd" stamp.
I am so glad you are happy with them! Look forward to seeing more of it.
Thanks Mark. It turned out better than I could of hoped for. The stag is outstanding, size, blade shape and the execution of the shield is spot on.

Back