July BOTM!!

I literally got the email,opened it and it said sold out all in a minutes time,just like each time I get the email for buck of the month,always sold out so I guess I do t need to bother if I'm not going to get one by checking the email the instant it comes in my inbox,there is no way to buy one.

smartphones folks. I stopped using my desktop computer at home a decade ago or more. heck its outdated now. the reason I and others here can typically jump on things is email is right on it. you can set up many emails on the smartphone. I have 4 currently. all used for different things and work as well. I set them to make different sounds so I know which is which. i set it to update constantly instead of every hour or less often. ding's when email comes in. I pull out of pocket and see what's going on. free emails out there you can setup just for Buck only email or Buck dealers or whatever you want. easy to manage and keep organized. literally at your finger tips.

biggest issues are no cell service or wifi which happens a lot where I go but nothing's perfect. also those who work on manufacturing line or dont have flex break ability to check while at work. no way around that issue really.

I'm kinda surprised Buck didnt make more of this one. sure there is a good reason why they didnt. maybe due to the bcci cancelled 112 screw together low count setup from the get go. seems it would have sold more regardless.

maybe theyll do a second run at some point different scales or blade or such. then again they didnt on the 2 runs of screw together 110s.......

I have just one email setup and at times they have server problems or technical issues. I’ve had emails that didn’t get to my inbox for days until I called them and they found it had catched the batch during their down time. I have thought about setting up another one or two emails to find a more dependable service to avoid the server outages. Surely they wouldn’t all be down at the same time. I have a similar problem with my company work email and our company server but it’s for company business only. I’ll have to figure something out.

I was a big fan of this concept for the 112 when the first 110 version came out. I think mainly because of the aluminum frame. If Buck sold in the Custom shop a wide variety of blades and handles for both the 110 and 112 take apart it would be very profitable and more importantly bring more collectors to the Buck brand!

I was a big fan of this concept for the 112 when the first 110 version came out. I think mainly because of the aluminum frame. If Buck sold in the Custom shop a wide variety of blades and handles for both the 110 and 112 take apart it would be very profitable and more importantly bring more collectors to the Buck brand!

like the way you're thinking there.

i also really like if they added some options like pocket clip screw holes in frame as an option for those who like pocket clips.

I wouldn’t mind if it were even a pinned aluminum frame and like jb says put some screw holes in it for clips. I’ve never had an aluminum frame knife and my only concern is if it would get dings and cause the blade or back lock to bind. Any of you guys have any problems with aluminum frame?

Les, I've been carrying mine daily since I got it a year ago. It has a scuff or 2 on it. But no binding with the lock or blade. I cut everything with it. From my lunch apple
To hay bale twine. And the screws are not loose. The width gives you more power in cutting and the weight less pull on the belt. DM

Yes, I believe so.

Hello Makael - do you know where the pictures are from for the 110 listed above in post #67 ?

From your answers, it seems that you don't own this knife and don't have the Specifications ? I ask because I am trying to put together a list on all of the 110 & 112 take apart knives Produced By Buck - Limited Edition / Regular Production Retail Sale / Prototype / 1 of 1.

Thank you

Last edited:
Can yall picture a super steel blade package available from Buck for the take apart either 110 or 112? Say S30V and S35VN? Or perhaps a drop point or mirror polished dress up set? If you could buy a Damascus or Dammisteel set or single? Say the cost was around $50.00 for a 3 pack of blades just so you didn't have to sharpen the one you have in the knife..I know I would go for it. Same thing with handles as I would be absolutely willing to buy extras just to go for a different look if I felt like it that particular day lol! I think it would be cool if a slightly oversized wood set was available just so I could carve my own personal inner WBC/Yellowhorse design on them or perhaps maybe a noslip grippy set if I wanted to go fishing that day..
The point being is the take apart 110 and 112 is the perfect knife platform to make YOUR Buck what you want it to be if only Buck would sell us the parts to play with! I know I'm willing play...

Trust me I own the knife. I'm not sure what details I wasnt aware of to give the idea that i would post a picture of a knife that I didn't own.

Here it is with unserialized Jeff Ledgerton Bowie and a 1962 to 1965 Ruana Bowie. Both I own also.
20200718_160837.jpg 20200718_160704.jpg 20200718_160646.jpg 20200718_160637.jpg
Hello Makael - do you know where the pictures are from for the 110 listed above in post #67 ?

From your answers, it seems that you don't own this knife and don't have the Specifications ? I ask because I am trying to put together a list on all of the 110 & 112 take apart knives Produced By Buck - Limited Edition / Regular Production Retail Sale / Prototype / 1 of 1.

Thank you

Trust me I own the knife. I'm not sure what details I wasnt aware of to give the idea that i would post a picture of a knife that I didn't own.
View attachment 1380407 View attachment 1380408 View attachment 1380409 View attachment 1380410

Thank you for the additional pictures - great looking knife.

I mistakenly assumed you didn't own the knife from your answers - not knowing what the handle is made of - "Yes, I believe so." I took this answer as you were not entirely sure if the handle is ivory micarta.

Also when (here I go assuming again) jokingly asked if the knife was a sneak peek at the August BOTM - you didn't say what the knife actually is. As in - the knife is a prototype, a custom of the June 2019 BOTM, a 1 of 1, etc.

Again, I'm just trying to learn how many different take apart 110 and 112 knives Buck has Produced.

These are the only knives I know of:

112 BOTM Red micarta, satin finished blade - sold in July 2020 - edition of 150. Buck's first 112 take apart.

110 BOTM Red micarta, stone washed blade - sold in June 2019 - edition of 205

110 BCCI 30th Anniversary, Ironwood, black blade - sold 2018 - edition of 125. Buck's first 110 take apart.

186 titanium, not the odyssey, was a take apart with titanium scales - Buck's first take apart knife. Sold as a regular production knife. Looks very different from the above 110's. And the whole handle comes off - no bolsters on the knife.

So I humbly ask - what is this knife ? When was it produced, how many produced, includes a COA, etc. etc.

Any information you care to give is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:
It's related to this knife that I do not own. Web pic.
a5165ee1-2145-5716-869c-c19e9b0c4e38__04362.1542667051.jpg

Buck 110 with white micarta handles and black 420HC blade, made for the 30th anniversary of the Buck Collector's Club in 2018. New with leather sheath in LE wood box packaged inside original packing box.

• Model: Buck 110IVSCC
  • Condition: New
  • Made in United States
  • Folder Closed, or Fixed Overall Length: 4.87" long
  • Blade: 3.75" long, Black 420HC
  • Handle: White Micarta
  • Comes in Original Box with Leather Sheath

Back