Just a Picture:

2v2HRbcwWxAKujh.jpg

2v2HRbw9yxAKujh.jpg

^Ive got that same SAK and thought about buying that book. Still patiently awaiting my first Fiddleback enroute from Georgia. Thanks for sharing.

Nice! I love the saw on these Ranger Grips! I believe they are the largest/longest saws available on any SAK?

Congrats on your first Fiddleback! And another Congrats in advance on your future second Fiddleback! LOL!
It’s almost certain there will be another in your future once you get your hands on your incoming one. Fiddlebacks are like a fine wine that you chug! Made to the absolute highest standards (like a fine wine) and can get down and dirty with the best of them! (The chugging part) LOL!

Thanks blue333 blue333 I like your sheath for the FB. I have one on order for my Recluse that can be horizontal or vertical belt carry. I think your right about the SAK Ranger sawblade. Its very big and I think it would cut 2” diamater branches comfortably. I like the locking feature for the main blade as well. If anyone has any suggestions about sheathmakers for FBs let me know.

Thanks blue333 blue333 I like your sheath for the FB. I have one on order for my Recluse that can be horizontal or vertical belt carry. I think your right about the SAK Ranger sawblade. Its very big and I think it would cut 2” diamater branches comfortably. I like the locking feature for the main blade as well. If anyone has any suggestions about sheathmakers for FBs let me know.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/where-to-find-sheaths-for-your-fiddlebacks.1289250/

Looking into the West Boulder River drainage:
GWugZpSl.jpg

Some big, some little 'boots:
vHk3Jykl.jpg

Something ate this moth:
yZtKZ9fl.jpg

Elusive Lady Slipper, a wild orchid:
306ZPAIl.jpg

Looking upstream from the mouth of the Boulder River Canyon, Absaroka Range, MT.
lNEeO3Al.jpg

Just the Boulder River Canyon:
Qom7itxl.jpg

Looking into the West Boulder River drainage:
GWugZpSl.jpg

Some big, some little 'boots:
vHk3Jykl.jpg

Something ate this moth:
yZtKZ9fl.jpg

Elusive Lady Slipper, a wild orchid:
306ZPAIl.jpg

Looking upstream from the mouth of the Boulder River Canyon, Absaroka Range, MT.
lNEeO3Al.jpg

Just the Boulder River Canyon:
Qom7itxl.jpg
Beautiful pictures, and really nice knives Hurrul Hurrul . Got to see some of that country last spring, camping outside of Red Lodge, MT before going over the Beartooth Highway (US 212) to get into Yellowstone. Looks like you're catching it just right. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures, and really nice knives Hurrul Hurrul . Got to see some of that country last spring, camping outside of Redlodge, MT before going over the Beartooth Highway (US 212) to get into Yellowstone. Looks like you're catching it just right. Enjoy!
That eastern side of the Absaroka-Beartooth is some of the finest alpine country around and the Beartooth Highway is a great way to get up into it, when foot traveling is not possible. A very unique piece of road to travel and I am glad you were able to spend some time in the area. Hope summer is treating you well enough.

That's a beautiful JBK. If I didn't have the similarly sized Perfector I would've definitely tried for it. Congrats!

Back