Just wanted to let the folks at SOG know....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shut the fuck up. Such a disgusting accusation is about as low as I have ever scene bladeforums members go. Take emotion out of the equation and the knives are not overly similar. Surely that little bend in the handle and a somewhat similar blade grind cannot be the only reason you would make such a horrible accusation. You cannot hold rights to such insignificant aspects of knife design.

Did Sog rip off the other knives pictured....YES
Did Sog rip off a Widow of a legend?....NO

Don't get it twisted I'm not defending Sog and their choices as I do not agree, however there are certain things you do not say on baseless grounds and you wayne have crossed the line.

I will not stoop to your level, just post the facts since you do not seem to know them..., AGAIN.

Post from Jean, Bob Lum's wife-

Quote:
Hello to all:
As Bob Lum's widow, I am the owner of all his designs. I hope to always maintain the integrity and legacy of my late husband and his beautiful work.....of coarse I am very biased.

As for the SOG saber tip type folder, yes that looks like a Lum design....do you think I'm getting royalty checks? Fat chance...... and I would never do anything about it because that was not Bob's way, as many of you know.

But what comes around, goes around or whatever that saying is.

Jean(quote)

I will not stoop to your level, just post the facts since you do not seem to know them..., AGAIN.

Post from Jean, Bob Lum's wife-

Quote:
Hello to all:
As Bob Lum's widow, I am the owner of all his designs. I hope to always maintain the integrity and legacy of my late husband and his beautiful work.....of coarse I am very biased.

As for the SOG saber tip type folder, yes that looks like a Lum design....do you think I'm getting royalty checks? Fat chance...... and I would never do anything about it because that was not Bob's way, as many of you know.

But what comes around, goes around or whatever that saying is.

Jean(quote)

An email supposedly from Bob Lum's widow in which she states that she believes she has been ripped off by sog is not a fact. Its a damn shame if its true and she does indeed feel this way but other then that its worthless.

Bob Lum does not, will not, and can not own exclusive rights to a slight curve on a knife handle and maybe a tacticool looking blade. Sog ripped off a few company's, oh well but they did not rip off Bob Lum

Where are the mods when you need them?! i have seen multiple infractions so far

+1 on that.

this thread turned hateful.:thumbdn:

someone needs to report.

How to report a post:

postreport.png

+1 on that.

this thread turned hateful.:thumbdn:

someone needs to report.

This thread turned hateful?:confused::confused:

This thread has been nothing but hateful from post #1. I think its amazing Sog lets it continue considering the bashing just seems to get worse and worse.

I'm willing to bet a lot of other company's would have close the thread immediately.

This thread turned hateful?:confused::confused:

This thread has been nothing but hateful from post #1. I think its amazing Sog lets it continue considering the bashing just seems to get worse and worse.

I'm willing to bet a lot of other company's would have close the thread immediately.

I believe YOU are the one they are talking about that needs to be reported. Look at your language, VERY FOUL and VULGUR

I believe YOU are the one they are talking about that needs to be reported. Look at your language, VERY FOUL and VULGUR

I know who their talking about, but i'm not going aploigise for saying *gasp* the F word in a thread like this. I guess I offended you guys :rolleyes: Best you don't turn the television on after 9:30 If you think what I said was "VERY FOUL and VULGUR" your going to have a heart attack when South Park starts up again :D

I figured the filter would pick it up, but the fact remains bud...this thread has been nothing but hateful. I may have broken a rule (again why didn't the filter censor it??) but you sir crossed a moral line.

And you already reported me :yawn: it's a 1 point infraction.

and on the 'ripping off a widow' thing, look at kabar's fin blades (#5554)
the guy had a great design...he would be happy it lives on.

Ok folks, you need to walk away from this thread if you can't handle the discussion in a civil and friendly manner. The same rules apply here, as they do in the rest of the site. I would suggest some of you take the time to read them.

mat 890 said:
I figured the filter would pick it up, but the fact remains bud...this thread has been nothing but hateful. I may have broken a rule (again why didn't the filter censor it??)

And you already reported me :yawn: it's a 1 point infraction.

There is no site filter, any filtering must be done by you.
If a 1 pt infraction isn't enough for you, a more severe infraction can be arranged.

I have been debating shutting this down for a while and it seems that now might be a good time as the conversation has now changed and is no longer being productive.

SOG has been more than kind to let this one go as long as it did. We did read this and are respectful of everyone's thoughts and opinions. We may not have agreed with some thoughts on this but felt it was only right to let people share and vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back