Kaparas are coming back in stock

Apparently, this run of Kaparas are CQI versions.

Is anyone familiar with the term and what this means in terms of improvement for this run of the Kapara?

Last edited:
Apparently, this run of Kaparas are CQI versions.

Is anyone familiar with the term and what this means in terms of improvement for this run of the Kapara?

I have a first run Kapara. I think the locks had a tendency to be sticky.

I just got mine from CS. I can confirm the action is awesome. It's just as good, if not better than any of my PM2s or PM3s, and it's drop shut and perfectly centered. This is my first Taichung Spyderco. I get it now. This knife is at another level. I love all of my Spydercos; both ones i still own and ones that have gotten away. This Kapara is top-notch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend picking one up. Well done.

Anybody else got one of these in hand yet? Curious to hear some more reports about the pivot and action on the new run.

I'd love one, but I'm going to have to wait. Got another 0470 and another pm2 in the last two weeks. I'm sure there will be more, seems like a super popular model!

So, this model wasn't really on my radar at all. I don't typically care for carbon fiber scales and I hadn't paid it much attention. I was looking for a new office EDC that would be lighter and easier on my khakis than what I was carrying and I saw this thread pop up. Watched reviews by a few guys who all raved about it and when it came up on DLT I hit buy. I got it this morning and I'm impressed. This should be a great office EDC.

IejmX95k0z0rMq-UsOFynWZeJKLOoo9IW4f188lRFEnBQ4w-r7X0oMap7YVeQrNaPkHlJ3bGNvCCgXCwAbMBLkGT8rQOJ0j8r0RnDp-AtfpT_W-sHJQyJ5l-a-wSIoTSRnEvT09Qt1s=w2400

I also just got mine. Amazing fit and finish... great attention to detail. Smooth action... Drops shut out of the box. I am blown away by the exceptional quality of this $200 knife.
It's both balanced and light weight. The carbon fiber looks and feels fabulous. Classy and capable. The perfect EDC.

Clearly, Spyderco addressed the issues with the action on this new batch. Next to arrive is my Smock... I hope it can measure up to the bar set by the Kapara.

I too am curious about the CQI specifics.
My early sample locks up fine and was a free faller from the box, though not quite as freely as my PM2.
The only complaint I have is a lockbar that’s a wee bit on the stiff side but not really that big of a deal.

It’s a great knife and IMO ranks with the Spydiechef as an instant classic.

Back