Kaparas are coming back in stock

I have a gen 1 Kapara. Excellent action (I guess some were not?) but my lockbar is definitely sprung heavier than my PM2.

Also my only -minor- nitpick about a nearly perfect knife.

Ah
I have a gen 1 Kapara. Excellent action (I guess some were not?) but my lockbar is definitely sprung heavier than my PM2.

Also my only -minor- nitpick about a nearly perfect knife.

Ah. Never noticed that. I guess the knife is well sprung.

I saw this thread Saturday, and thought what the hell, it's pricey, I own enough knives many of which have better steel variants, I own grails and don't really want or need anything new. But.. This thing looks so outlandish, and the praise keeps coming especially after the cqi revision.
I'll drop the cash, I can justify specters and Shiro so let's just see what it's about.

Well, shit. I'm impressed. It's definitely spyderco at its best. You all know the feeling when you open up the box which contains a grail, the little rush of euphoria when you hold it for the first time? That's all there, but what really got me was the first time I opened it. Yeah I can see how people like this thing. But when it free dropped, right out of the box without any tweaking of my own I was flabbergasted. I'm still finding out what it is that makes me giddy about it, I reckon its because I expect this kind of quality from blades double in price, usually by brands that are overpriced but considered worth the money for the extra consideration to detail and action etc.

I dare say for around 200 bucks this is a steal even. Well done spyderco, Mr Alistair and you guys for enticing me haha!

I saw this thread Saturday, and thought what the hell, it's pricey, I own enough knives many of which have better steel variants, I own grails and don't really want or need anything new. But.. This thing looks so outlandish, and the praise keeps coming especially after the cqi revision.
I'll drop the cash, I can justify specters and Shiro so let's just see what it's about.

Well, shit. I'm impressed. It's definitely spyderco at its best. You all know the feeling when you open up the box which contains a grail, the little rush of euphoria when you hold it for the first time? That's all there, but what really got me was the first time I opened it. Yeah I can see how people like this thing. But when it free dropped, right out of the box without any tweaking of my own I was flabbergasted. I'm still finding out what it is that makes me giddy about it, I reckon its because I expect this kind of quality from blades double in price, usually by brands that are overpriced but considered worth the money for the extra consideration to detail and action etc.

I dare say for around 200 bucks this is a steal even. Well done spyderco, Mr Alistair and you guys for enticing me haha!

Well said. Feel exactly the same way! What a fantastic knife!

I too think it is an epic deal. Mine is beside me...being superior to my other folders!
A truly fantastic knife I almost passed on due to the appearance of it in photos.
I am so glad I bought it...a much better birthday present than I expected!

Howdy everyone! My first post here must be about this incredible knife! I own around 60 or so Spyderco knives and this one is probably tops for me! Incredibly well designed and executed. Enjoy!

The Kapara has become one of my favorite knives. I've been carrying it heavily.

PkYBXLj.mp4

Wow! 4 pages of great and positive reviews make me want to take the plunge and get one myself :D

It's still on my radar, but kind of hoping for a different steel choice and color backspacer sometime down the road.

Like the knife a lot. Almost sold it and then got my mind right and decided to keep it. As a lefty, the compression lock isn’t usually a problem, but the slim cutout and contoured handles make this one a little difficult to manipulate left handed. I wish there was a little lip or ridge on the top of the compression lock to increase traction on it — would enhance ambidextrous use in my opinion! Otherwise a great knife.

I have had a chance to really compare and think about it. I find the Kapara to
be the best knife I own. I did not like how stiff the comp lock was so I took the
knife apart and formed the spring part of the liner. I am actually expert at making
and adjusting springs so I do not advise just anyone doing this. It is an easy thing
to destroy without a deft touch.
Now it is slightly stiffer than a para 2 and locks with authority with a happy "snick".

It is now perfect in every way.

I wonder how much variation there is in lock tension in these knives. It is certain I
will never get to compare a bunch of them in one sitting.

The only thing I found not perfect when I got mine was the tension of the comp lock.
Removing that nitpick really makes it a ridiculous value. It is fun to play with and lock up
is fantastic too. The blade is too light to reliably use the lock release wrist flick method to
open...but that is OK...because the slow thumb open is so smooth and sweet...it never gets old.

My acquaintance who is into blades too remarked at how smooth it was. Just amazing
for the price...and this cannot be overstated. It brings so much to the table at this price point
while nuking knives that cost twice as much...well, it is really something.

Like my Advocate it enters the never ever sell realm.

Back