Ken Erickson Knives: A Retrospective

- to strike a chord with some previous posts..........quality knives with quality time-pieces.

And just to add a note of thanks, for some years ago it was my good friend Steven65 Steven65 who led me to be able to buy these lovely pieces - baie dankie, Steven 😊
Ken must be a wonderful human being, from what I've heard...!

Last edited:
- to strike a chord with some previous posts..........quality knives with quality time-pieces.

And just to add a note of thanks, for some years ago it was my good friend Steven65 Steven65 who led me to be able to buy these lovely pieces - baie dankie, Steven 😊
Ken must be a wonderful human being, from what I've heard...!

You have some crackers there paul.....it's been a pleasure to be your guide.👍😉

It's been a long time since we celebrated, Ken's knives!! I thought I would pull this thread up and remind everyone of a great knifemaker!! Ken started making knives on BF, and continued until he shifted his career in recent years!! In a way we've seen most of the story here!!!Swayback Viper 1.jpgSwayback Viper 2.jpg
As I recall, this was his first swayback!!!

Hey Charlie, approximately what size is that knife above the stag pruner?? And more importantly did it ever come in a single blade? 😂 Thanks!
3 9/16", Jack!! He probably made a single blade, but I am not sure!!

Haven't had this knife out for quite a while!! Empire made a lock-back Hunter in the Art Deco period - 1919 - 1939; probably shortly after WWI !!DE and Erickson 1.jpgThe Ebony knife above was made by Empire, for Shapleigh during that time period!!
Tony Bose (R.I.P.) made a non-lockback version for a Case Collaboration a few years ago, and refined the pattern for a locking version some time later, but never got around to making one, as far as I know!! He did pass the pattern on to Ken Ericson, who kindly made it for me several years ago!!
It is such a big, sturdy beautiful knife!! It reminds me of Ken's Character!!
Always treasured!!Kens LB Hunter 1.jpgKens LB Hunter 2.jpg

Those are stunning, Charlie; thanks for showing them again! I have two of the TB collaboration versions, in bone and in mother of pearl. I love the pattern and all four examples, yours and mine.

Those are stunning, Charlie; thanks for showing them again! I have two of the TB collaboration versions, in bone and in mother of pearl. I love the pattern and all four examples, yours and mine.
Great!! Tony did a nice job for Case on that knife!! You picked two good ones!!

Back