Photos Kepharts...They just Work

I had never heard of LTW before these recent posts on this thread (haven’t received my knife guy card yet) but there are several in his line up I’d love to own eventually. Availability seems low presently, I’m assuming due to pandemic/ Christmas buy off.

Knivesshipfree and dltrrading are two of the better sites for LT. Theknifeconnection is also right up there but I've never actually ordered from them. Knifecenter and bladehq fluctuate a bit.

The pandemic has certainly slowed things down with some mandatory shutdowns and supply chain slow downs in shipping.

I have been wondering how the Gen 5 would be.

Same here. It's close to ghe size of my bushcrafter mk II but pointer, less wide, and has the thumb scallops and slightly different handle but still pretty much a broomstick (neutral) handle design. Seems like it has lots of potential to be really good.

Question for you all that own a BK62. What do you primarily use it for? Everything but wood work?

I works okay for rough wood work but I wouldn't call it a carving knife for sure. It's geometry is good for slicing but less great for wood processing. I've batoned some small stuff with mine, kindling, but wouldn't want to use it for any type of chopping, light or otherwise. It's not balanced for it.

I think it's pretty much what Kephart would've used one for, food and game processing and some woodworking but he used his axe and folder for much of the woodworking tasks (please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe that was nessmuk?).

The BK62 is a great slicing knife.

Question for you all that own a BK62. What do you primarily use it for? Everything but wood work?

I slide Mine into my waistband with a kydex slip sheath. It's Very comfortable. It's one of my favorite carry knives. I affectionately call the BK62 my "bait knife".

Yes, i'd chop off fish heads for chum..... But I'd also pry apart frozen burgers for the grill, or cut boxes or kindling for the fire, or spread peanut butter..... or even cut Myself.... haha (see my icon).

I love the kephart design. Really the Perfect knife. It's Sooooo Boring.
You don't realize you even Need it, but once you use it, you realize how Genius the design really is.
Simplicity is far more difficult to design.

Thanks you all. Pretty much what I thought. It's just nice hearing it from a brother.
Here's a question, and I know it's prolly been asked a 1,001 times, if you could only have one knife with one specific grind, to survive for a year, what would it be? Would you still go with the BK62?

I have been reviewing the new Nessmuk by Brisa. Thought you’d enjoy a side by side of these iconic and practical designs:

MQhnM0p.jpg

Thanks you all. Pretty much what I thought. It's just nice hearing it from a brother.
Here's a question, and I know it's prolly been asked a 1,001 times, if you could only have one knife with one specific grind, to survive for a year, what would it be? Would you still go with the BK62?

I'd want saws, axes, and machetes..... but Yeah, if you could Only have one knife for camping and what not. You could do a lot worse than the BK62.

I have a Esee 6hm that doesn't get used because of the 62..... And That's an Awesome knife!
only a few other knives get mixed into that mid knife sized rotation. :/

I'd want saws, axes, and machetes..... but Yeah, if you could Only have one knife for camping and what not. You could do a lot worse than the BK62.

I have a Esee 6hm that doesn't get used because of the 62..... And That's an Awesome knife!
only a few other knives get mixed into that mid knife sized rotation. :/
Kephart himself recommended combining it with an axe, or hatchet, and a folding knife. So, you’d be right to want to take those things to go with it!

I can dig it. An FFG type knife for game/food prep. A hatchet and/or axe for wood work and a 3 blade stockman?
A saw?

Back