Kershaw has requested closure of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping KAI will start their own forum like Spyderco and Benchmade. Their Facebook presence really doesn't give you much information. Hopefully, more blogs within their respective websites. Just looking to tap in on more sources of information about their products, etc.

I'm new here, and I have to admit this forum got me back into knife collecting. I have bought 3 Zt's and 1 kershaw in the last 3 weeks, and was looking forward to several upcoming models exclusively due to the kai forum. I hate to see them go, but in the big scheme of things our little corner of the world must not have made the cut in the expense/benefit tps reports.

DAMN! I will really miss this place. Yeah, there's the General area, but It's not the same. *sniffles*

I feel like I'm losing family. This is the only manufacturers sub-forum that I read.

Well, I just added a shortcut to my iPad keyboard for "kershaw / zero tolerance" to make searching as easy as typing qq. That will actually be faster than what it currently takes to get to the kershaw subforum.

It really isn't that surprising,with half the guys complaining and the other half praising-kind of felt like a cross between a church and a henhouse.

DAMN! I will really miss this place. Yeah, there's the General area, but It's not the same. *sniffles*

I feel like I'm losing family. This is the only manufacturers sub-forum that I read.
Same. This was my favorite part of the forum :sorrow:

It really isn't that surprising,with half the guys complaining and the other half praising-kind of felt like a cross between a boomtown and a henhouse.
There really wasn't that much complaining. Just one or two bad apples.

Its a sad day indeed but people need to stop acting like KAI is shutting down their factory and getting out of the business. They will continue to make knives, and release them as they previously have... We just wont hear about it as quickly.
I will miss the forum, because truthfully, it really was the only place i browse here, besides the exhcange and the knifmakers forums.

Whatever the reasons may be, we as fans/collectors need to honor their decision. Whats done is done.

Goodbye Kai... You have been, and will continue to be my favorite production company. :thumbup:

Its a sad day indeed but people need to stop acting like KAI is shutting down their factory and getting out of the business. They will continue to make knives, and release them as they previously have... We just wont hear about it as quickly.
I will miss the forum, because truthfully, it really was the only place i browse here, besides the exhcange and the knifmakers forums.

Whatever the reasons may be, we as fans/collectors need to honor their decision. Whats done is done.

Goodbye Kai... You have been, and will continue to be my favorite production company. :thumbup:

Same here man. IMO this blows. Think it's time to move over to USN.

understood. i apologize for jumping the gun. i initially thought they made you shut down a part of your forum. i kinda like the sub forum dedicated to a particular brand. makes it easy to find what your looking for especially if your brand loyal.

Wow this sucks. I liked this sub forum the most next to the exchange:( i will continue to browse gen. But will miss this a lot... see u later kai best wishes!!!! Wish they could deal with criticism a little better...

I still cannot believe this news, and I do not blame Kai. Its sad and unfortunate, 90% of my posts have been made there. Its off to general but Im going to miss all the info on Kai products, and the interaction with all the like minded folks.

I'm not surprised. Nevertheless, I learned a lot from reading that forum. Thank you KAI!

"Easy"? How many forums have I seen split off from major boards...start their own boards with a fairly devoted following....and end up dying off simply due to repeated hosting issues?

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! Look up sarcasm in a dictionary.

The site is amazing it the fact of how reliable and smooth it is. The mods bust their butts across the board to keep it a great place, and we all take it for granted. Have a little hiccup like this, and all of a sudden, the world is coming to an end, and some folks are reminded that Spark and the folks here want to keep this site friendly to us as users, and to the manufacturers, so that they are willing to participate, or at least support the site by offering great products to all of us. They could be jackasses and give the finger to KAI, and that would ensure that they would never participate it the forums EVER AGAIN. Be happy to have a great place to discuss your passion with others that share the same passion, whether or not you pay for it (EVERYBODY SHOULD PAY, BTW), and quit the whining that you don't have a member's only spot. There's a lot to this forum than 1 section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back