King and Queen Killed by Prince

I too, have changed because of all I have learned from those wonderful artisans who craft my blades. I have been shown a much different, and better, outlook on life. To me, my willingness to help was never a question.

For another demonstration of how little I know of the sit.; If things do go sour and it gets violent, what do you suppose Great britian or the UN would do about it? They used the Gurkhas as peacekeepers in Timor when it got bad. I'd hate to see them used to police their own people.

Also, would the Kamis and their families be willing to uproot to India? It would make sense to us if Nepal gets to be a bad place to live that you'd move. But, as we've all found out the Kamis often do things that we just don't understand.

My greatset hope is, of course, that the political situation be resolved peacefully and that Nepal ends up with a progressive government of which the people are in control. Should this not occur, count me in on whatever we can think of to help.

sincerely,
Patrick

Uncle Bill, first let me say I'm very sad to hear of this, I'm sure that it is worse for you since you have lived there and know the culture and people. Second, if you do need to put a plan into action to get the kamis and their families out of Nepal, please be sure to let me know, I'll do my best to help out monetarily. Just say the word, I trust your judgement.

Sad to hear of this tragic event. I agree with Uncle Bill and hope that things do work out, but also stand ready to help in a practical fashion.

Harry

Terry has already posted and it sounds like everyone is going to do as much as they can for our friends in Nepal. To me it seems like more than anything they need LOTS of prayer. If God can part the Red Sea he can certianly work out all of the termoil over there & keep our friends safe too. They are all in our thoughts and prayers! Let us know Uncle if there is anything else we can do.

[This message has been edited by Sandi (edited 06-02-2001).]

:
frown.gif

Everyone has said it all.
Count Barb and me in as well.

What this creates is a sudden power/leadership vacuum. Based on the recent political events around the world, smart money says the communist faction(s) in Nepal will quickly seize this opportunity for control, and of course, the United Nations and/or the EU will encourage them and discreetly support them financially. Don't balk at this--the EU just announced that they are giving $60 million to Yessir Arrafat and his bankrupt "Palestinian Authority"--this just AFTER the news of the Palestinian suicide bomber who killed 15 young Hebrews & injured many more--as a means to "further the peace process in the Middle East", so they tell us. (Read the details at http://www.worldnetdaily.com ) This is proof that the EU openly sponsors terrorist organizations in other parts of the world.

My prediction, though I hope against all odds that I'm wrong, is that the UN will work behind the scenes to emplace a communist system of government in Nepal to replace their "failed" monarchy system, which, of course, will be run by a UN-controlled puppet regime, complete with fake elections to lull the masses with a false sense of control.

------------------
Molon Labe

Well Uncle, Count me in. All you got to do is say the word.

From all the reports that I have seen this seems like a totaly senseless act. True shame.

Possibly the acts made so much sense to the crown prince they seemed the least terrible of many poor options.

Compassion, Refusing to Hate, and Love are the things we must ultimately come to terms with to prevent destroying our own selves.

Uncle Bill, you can count me in! My prayers for the People of Nepal and other countries that need help.

Back