Kizer Ki3471 Laconico Gemini in stock at Knife Center!

I wonder if you can make a three pointed wrench that might fit into the swirls on the opposite side to hold that steady?
G2

You can try to stick the tip in some wood and then and torque slightly to one side and it might be enough pressure that you can break one side loose.

I had a Vandermeulen mini intro with the same issue and Jeff told me to try that.

Try holding the opposite side tight by pressing a non-slip rubber sheet against it and then turn the pivot screw with a solid torx bit like Wiha.

Picked up mine today from BladeHQ, and from the looks of it, it was one of their last. It's a nice knife. I'm a Kizer fan, as well as a Laconico fan, so this was something I was very interested in, and so far I'm not disappointed.

21811379550_f486099a1d_b.jpg

Yep, looks great, it's already kicked my Viper clear out of my pocket...
G2

I was concerned the Gemini would be slippery with full Ti slabs but the stone wash on it, combined with a very easy to grip shape, make the knife really merge right into the hand. For a 3'ish inch blade its a really good flipper too.

I'm really happy with mine.

Finally, the whole family united! Love them all!

a92c2acb4bf66feeb9faccfac53b1107.jpg

e9918509ee50f2d236023c862a2ecd7a.jpg

Funny thing, they left out the space between Ray and Laconico on the Gemini but not the intrepid?

Gemini in stock at GP Knives.

So far, all dealers who've carried it have been selling it for the same $170 price.

Yep. Sometimes they'll be a slight price discrepancy. For example, some outlets are selling the Splinter for $119 while others are selling it for $123. I figure I'll wait a little while and see if the same thing happens with the Gemini. I don't think Kizer is going to stop producing it anytime soon. :)

Last edited:
Yep. Sometimes they'll be a slight price discrepancy. For example, some outlets are selling the Splinter for $119 while others are selling it for $123. I figure I'll wait a little while and see if the same thing happens with the Gemini. I don't think Kizer is going to stop producing it anytime soon. :)

I paid $118.95 for my Kizer Splinter but I see them anywhere from $118.95 to $123.00.

I think Kizer Gemini at $170 is a very good price considering what you get and knowing that other Kizer flippers with similar features are priced $220-$270! It may depend on the royalties to the designer.

I think Kizer Gemini at $170 is a very good price considering what you get . . .

I agree. But I just picked up a ZT 0450 and I'm a little cash poor at the moment. That said, I'm a big Kizer fan, an even bigger Laconico fan, and my birth sign is Gemini. How could I NOT get one? It isn't a question of if, it's a question of when.

Last edited:
I got my Kizer Gemini about a week ago from KnifeCenter, and I just noticed that it has a bit of vertical blade play or "rattle" when it is in the closed position. It is very minor, about 0.5mm movement at the tip of the blade. Is this normal for this model or should I try to get an exchange?

Last edited:
I'm a little late in checking back in, but thanks for the suggestions in solving my issue. I ended up side loading the blade and managed to get the pivot loose. It turns out the presentation side scale has about half its thickness drilled completely round while the outer edge is a D shaped slot to prevent rotation.

The pivot barrel on my knife just barely extends into the D shaped slot. The distance is fact so short that any torque on the pivot pops the pivot barrel out of the D slot into the O shaped section of the same scale. This then spreads the scales apart leading to the significantly off centered blade. After a week with no response from Kizers warrenty department I just resigned myself to fixing the issue on my own. I ground down the pivot barrel slightly so it no longer slots into the D shaped slot and reassembled the knife with no further issues.

She gave me more trouble than I would have preferred, but I still love this knife. It's not leaving my pocket anytime soon.

I'm a little late in checking back in, but thanks for the suggestions in solving my issue. I ended up side loading the blade and managed to get the pivot loose. It turns out the presentation side scale has about half its thickness drilled completely round while the outer edge is a D shaped slot to prevent rotation.

The pivot barrel on my knife just barely extends into the D shaped slot. The distance is fact so short that any torque on the pivot pops the pivot barrel out of the D slot into the O shaped section of the same scale. This then spreads the scales apart leading to the significantly off centered blade. After a week with no response from Kizers warrenty department I just resigned myself to fixing the issue on my own. I ground down the pivot barrel slightly so it no longer slots into the D shaped slot and reassembled the knife with no further issues.

She gave me more trouble than I would have preferred, but I still love this knife. It's not leaving my pocket anytime soon.

Thanks for the update. I'm a fan of Ray's designs, including the Gemini and his own Jasmine.

You're lucky that you are handy. Warranty service is a problem with many imports. Kizer has some fine collaborations but needs to address this issue.

Good to hear you got it sorted out, sorry to hear of the trouble of course!

Here are a couple of quick ipod touch photos of mine

Kizer_1.jpg~original

Kizer_2.jpg~original

Great cutter and quick opening too
G2

Interesting, I have EXACTLY the same issue on my Gemini! Must be one of the batches that's affected. :( But I've not had time to fix it yet.

Mines good, so it may well have been a certain batch
G2

Back