Knife Or Death Competition Sword Prototype Drawings. . . YOWZA!!!

Jerry Busse

:eek: :confused: Hey gang check these out! o_O

I drew these up back in April of 2018 after I saw the first episode of Knife Or Death. . . . So, it's been a while.

I put them away with the idea of seeing how the show would progress and to see what other obstacles they would introduce.

I'd probably kill off the choils and refine the designs much further if I were to move ahead with the design, but it let's you take a glimpse into my scotch soaked, bacon laden imagination!

[ ] The grip is long enough to give you about 2-3 inches between hands for snap cutting.
[ ] The axe edge on the spine is slightly convex for heavy duty "chop and smash".
[ ] The straight grip gives you Louisville slugger power in either direction.
[ ] The gentle recurved blade will aid in drawing rope or straps into the sweet spot for excellent slicing power.

Let's Drink!!!! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

Knife Or Death Competition Sword Prototype Drawings
KOD%20Comp%20Sword-X3.jpg

This one is Deep Hollow grind on the primary bevel and slight convex along the spinal recurve for heavy duty chopping!!!! . . . Weird huh?
KOD%20Comp%20Sword%203-X3.jpg

I don't believe I've seen any serrations on that show yet... hmmmm. I think the bottom right design would cremate the box obstacles with the serrations. Send me one Jerry, and I'll be there to represent!

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

This is pretty cool.

Austin (or whoever) is gonna slay that course on take two. I think the triangle serrated fin looks effective for slashing at ropes and whatnot.

Wow. I'm not sure what else to say!
It's awesome! And definitely designed to excel!

Now the question: which steel would work better? INFI or SR-101?

If it's battle grade SR-101, I'd trample to get one in a heartbeat.

:rolleyes:
INFI for the brute toughness. SR-101 for better edge holding...

Would DHT marry the two :) or compromise between the two o_O?

I think regardless, Busse construction with either SR-101 or INFI should have no structural problem getting through the competition... But would the harder edge on the SR-101 give it the advantage, since we're not so concerned about mid-competition resharpening or edge reconditioning? (I mean the ease of edge repair is one of the shining achievements of the INFI steel, but would it apply in competition?)

Hopefully there is a 3rd season :eek: I think the Design without the spine stuff would be just fine . And not too weird so regular folks would buy it, and do yard work with it on Sundays :D:D:D

Can you add some super special Bacon Cardio powers ? It can cut, it can keeeel. Can it cut, keel and run to the next station ? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:.

Back