Knife Or Death Competition Sword Prototype Drawings. . . YOWZA!!!

I like that one, too. Makes me think of a gladius crossed with a hognose war sword. Which made me think of a fat gladius, with different blade geometry on either side. Maybe different colors for each side of the grips, so you could easily verify which side you were using.

absolutely, I thought about this a while ago when the FMV14 came out. you could easily tie a little different color string to the talan hole on each side and one side would have a thin slicy edge and one side would have a thick splity edge, but then the show kept going and even the FMV14 was smaller than a lot of the blades on there. Probably still a good choice though.

Size on this one is good. 23” blade, 11” handle.

If the final shape is more conservative, I’d like to pick one up. Current shape is a bit too wild for my tastes.

So what you're saying is, you're going to make an INFI CF Baconator to go with my CPK K-18?!?

I'm IN!!!

The overall idea is cool but the axe edge at the spine just kill it appearance wise and I don't think it will be useful either...

Without the spine edge this gonna be one hell of a knife.

It would be great if there is a season 3 to see these more purpose built blades square off.
I’m sure there are other knife makers working on their own course busters as well.

But wait... this design has been done already.. it’s the fabled chuckett:) and yes MAKE IT AGAIN!!!

The scale on this guy is hard to wrap my head around. The Hognose is HUGE but this will be bigger than everything besides a Butaniku:D

Very cool design and I’m sure it would be an amazing performer. I’m guessing in INFI this would be well over 3k.

Yeah.... That's why it's one of the reasons why I'd hope for a battle grade... SR-101... A little more "affordable".

Jerry how thick is it? theoretically .25? .22 .20? Infi can handle the abuse at that thickness right?

I have to say, this is not a case of being so ugly it's pretty.

Might be functional, sure....but it makes me cringe.

The last design is awesome. Reminds me of those propaganda executioner vids that make the rounds on the web occaisionally. Functional, no messing around. Has its purpose, and does it extremely well.

Considering the tests they do, weight has to be a major consideration. That looks like a lot of steel to be swinging.

:eek: :confused: Hey gang check these out! o_O

I drew these up back in April of 2018 after I saw the first episode of Knife Or Death. . . . So, it's been a while.

I'd probably kill off the choils and refine the designs much further

[ ] The grip is long enough to give you about 2-3 inches between hands for snap cutting.
[ ] The axe edge on the spine is slightly convex for heavy duty "chop and smash".
[ ] The straight grip gives you Louisville slugger power in either direction.
[ ] The gentle recurved blade will aid in drawing rope or straps into the sweet spot for excellent slicing

Jerry :D

This one is Deep Hollow grind on the primary bevel and slight convex along the spinal recurve for heavy duty chopping!!!! . . . Weird huh?
KOD%20Comp%20Sword%203-X3.jpg

I Iike the direction you are going. I don't think the point is needed, at least in these 2 seasons. Could the "axe bump" be moved almost to the end of the top? Also for when a fast reversal of direction is needed, would the balance point still be right in front of the guard?

I
I Iike the direction you are going. I don't think the point is needed, at least in these 2 seasons. Could the "axe bump" be moved almost to the end of the top? Also for when a fast reversal of direction is needed, would the balance point still be right in front of the guard?

I've been looking at this since Jerry posted it and yes nothing so far has needed a point, however I believe it's there for balance. It's two blades married together. The hollow ground side will be lighter than the convex side so it needs to be a little longer?? maybe. just guessing.

Oh man.

This gives m the heebrew jeebrews.

I can't even imagine how awesome something like this would be in person.

I'm having a hard time omprehendi g this.

I need liquor. And drugs. Lot of liquor and drugs.....

Let bring something big and nasty like one of these designs to the production floor!! I’m sure there are at least 100 of us that would pay top dollar for something like this!!!

Do it... do it!!

So when are you going to sponsor me and let me use that thing for knife or death. I would definitely enter and rep the Busse family hard! With this purpose built beast, I would definitely win! Some CPM 4V or Vanadis 4 Extra might be necessary too.

Back