Knife or Death

But even when used in battles, soldiers wore some form of body armor. Granted that even a real Japanese Katana is not mean to be as tough asNed Stark's sword, aka Ice, but by the same token they ought not be that soft either.
Edit- Bluemax beat me to it

Japanese armor was lightweight composite, nothing like European plate armor. And traditional katanas are intentionally differentially hardened with a soft spine (or laminated with a hard core/soft cladding.

Even the best traditional katana can bend if you blow the cut (seen it on Tatami mats), nevermind attempting to cut immovable objects like ice blocks. Not the swords fault it was subjected to serious abuse.

~Chip

Dang! Are you saying that a Japanese sword won't cut a machine gun barrel in two? I'm crushed. :(

:p

I bit the $1.99 bullet on Sunday and paid for episode 1 and watched it when my parents came over to visit. It was pretty cool to see the dragon sheath on television but mostly it was just awesome seeing Mama NinJo throw it out there and compete with people twice her size and to see Nathan's BC strut its stuff. My parents are both Forged in Fire nerds so it was a great time.

Forged in Fire had a 'Fan Favorites' episode and it was great, and Jo is the best, but how do we let those people know that she's the heat in the hot sauce?

I really think the BC is the perfect blade for that competition for the average sized dude. The Sasquatch gets considered also but I wonder how many people have actually held it. I'm 5'11", 220, and I'm in pretty good shape but I'm pretty sure I would've fallen over dead if I'd try that course with a Sasquatch. Granted, I never chopped or cut a thing with Tommy's 'Squatch but it is a hefty bitch. I've put a bit of time in with the BC though and it is pretty awesome for short term burst energy chopping without wearing me completely down.

Jo.. do you think a thinned out MC would work as well for you in the competition or would the length be an issue? The handle feels a bit heftier so that may not work in stock mode but the blade design might be perfect. I can't beat on Matty's but it feels pretty fast and has a great profile. Obviously you've probably thought over a thousand different things you'd do differently.. what would you do different with the knife? If they do a fan favorite episode can I make another sheath for you?:D I don't care if it gets shown at all, that was one hell of an honor.

I bit the $1.99 bullet on Sunday and paid for episode 1 and watched it when my parents came over to visit. It was pretty cool to see the dragon sheath on television but mostly it was just awesome seeing Mama NinJo throw it out there and compete with people twice her size and to see Nathan's BC strut its stuff. My parents are both Forged in Fire nerds so it was a great time.

Forged in Fire had a 'Fan Favorites' episode and it was great, and Jo is the best, but how do we let those people know that she's the heat in the hot sauce?

I really think the BC is the perfect blade for that competition for the average sized dude. The Sasquatch gets considered also but I wonder how many people have actually held it. I'm 5'11", 220, and I'm in pretty good shape but I'm pretty sure I would've fallen over dead if I'd try that course with a Sasquatch. Granted, I never chopped or cut a thing with Tommy's 'Squatch but it is a hefty bitch. I've put a bit of time in with the BC though and it is pretty awesome for short term burst energy chopping without wearing me completely down.

Jo.. do you think a thinned out MC would work as well for you in the competition or would the length be an issue? The handle feels a bit heftier so that may not work in stock mode but the blade design might be perfect. I can't beat on Matty's but it feels pretty fast and has a great profile. Obviously you've probably thought over a thousand different things you'd do differently.. what would you do different with the knife? If they do a fan favorite episode can I make another sheath for you?:D I don't care if it gets shown at all, that was one hell of an honor.

Ooo! Thinner is a good idea! A little longer and enough handle for two hands. Your sheath was definitely the favorite! Iwill proudly carry any sheath you make!
As to what I would do differently, I would have used 2 hands snd cleaned my goggles between stations. LOL

Since the MC is probably the most capable blade that I have, if I just so happen to pass this Skype interview tomorrow, then MC it is then! I did notice that the 2 handed blades have more power behind the swing. Gonna have to eat my Wheaties! A lot appears to be technique and accurate angle approach.

Dan, feel free to try out my MC and then post photos too. Remember, as always pics or it didn’t happen :p

Momma ninJo must have a custom Bladesport CC sheath. Just saying and then not saying anymore ;)

Since the MC is probably the most capable blade that I have, if I just so happen to pass this Skype interview tomorrow, then MC it is then! I did notice that the 2 handed blades have more power behind the swing. Gonna have to eat my Wheaties! A lot appears to be technique and accurate angle approach.

Technically speaking, your MC is not a production knife as there are only 25 of those in the wild and IMO the MC ought to qualify as is, but to absolutely make sure of it’s uniqueness you may have to kill off the 24 owners but before you get to me, remember that mine is at Grog’s and that proxy killing is also very bonafide in this case :D

Last edited:
Some of Jo’s posts make it sound like they want customs not production knives. I may be totally wrong about that. And maybe your MC, being a prototype would qualify.
But if it’s true, you will be forced to borrow the BC Ninjo used. Or some other boring, non-CPK knife.

Technically speaking, your MC is not a production knife as there are only 25 of those in the wild and IMO the MC ought to qualify as is, but to absolutely make sure it’s unigeness you may have to kill off the 24 owners but before you get to me, remember that mine is at Grog’s and that proxy killing is also very bonafide in this case :D

That's nice to know that it's not considered a production knife. I considered my 1311, but it's thin and doesn't have the heft of thicker blades. So MC it is, unless someone wants to let me borrow their BC! lol

Some of Jo’s posts make it sound like they want customs not production knives. I may be totally wrong about that. And maybe your MC, being a prototype would qualify.
But if it’s true, you will be forced to borrow the BC Ninjo used. Or some other boring, non-CPK knife.

I saw the episode where the lady used a Katana that she bought off the internet!!! Didn't fare so well. So I guess you can just bring whatever you want and pretty much run what you brung.

That's nice to know that it's not considered a production knife. I considered my 1311, but it's thin and doesn't have the heft of thicker blades. So MC it is, unless someone wants to let me borrow their BC! lol
Nathan's quote-If anybody wants to take that weaponized BC back onto the show I think it would like to take another run at it. *shrug*^seriously
I would take Nathan's offer:p

Nathan's quote-If anybody wants to take that weaponized BC back onto the show I think it would like to take another run at it. *shrug*^seriously
I would take Nathan's offer:p

He has reached out to me regarding this. We'll see how the interview process goes first! I'm supposed to Skype with the lady tomorrow at 5pm. Woo hoo! If I happen to be selected, I'll take Nathan's weaponized BC and represent!

I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much as there are thousands of applicants I'm sure. If I don't have really unique knife or personality, then I guess I won't be camera worthy...:D

Jonny, Jonny, Jonny! Brah, you need to do a much better job at salesmanship and unabashed self-promo! Frame of thought: "I'm the bee's knees and the cat's meow!". Come on Man!

But I do have a knife in my hand daily and I like to chop for fun. Does that make me weird?

A little weird, but just weird enough to make you a hit on the show
Have your wife take down 1/2 a fish hanging from a cord in the background of the interview
Tell them what you really are

Back