Knife or Death

It will probably be together or only one of you. They wouldn't let Chris and Robin go separately because they didnt want anyone knowing the course ahead of time.

I’m cool with together, but if it’s one or the other, he goes before I do. It was his thing first, and I wouldn’t feel right. I was expecting to be a cheerleader, not a competitor. Lol!

I was never a fan of "Forged in Fire" with all the problems the contestants have heat treating the blades and what not. But "Knife or Death" has me hooked! This is legit.

Quite a few strong competitors tonight.

Notable things:
- first sighting of a Keffeler blade on the show
- as expected, a 2-handed chopper can be devastating
- a lanyard may keep your blade from flying out of your hand, but dang! I thought that guy came close to singing falsetto at Meat Curtain.

Not sure, soon hopefully. Casting should be over soon. I've done both of my video interviews, my demo video and questionnaire. There has been constant communications between us and the casting directors....
You know, there've been lots of sports with mixed pair competitions, but NEVER anything even close to this.

Did you 2 think of specifically mentioning/pushing that angle? Even the producers may not have considered this.

Every episode thus far, has featured at least 1 female competitor, so they're obviously actively looking for female competitors, but if they haven't considered it for next season, try planting that seed: male + female duos competing as a team. Relay chops, tandem chops.

You want more adrenaline? Set up 2 courses side-by-side. Each team member has to chop half, before the 2nd team member chops the 2nd half. Teams go head to head in elimination. Last 2 teams standing per episode, compete in the more difficult course, for the chance to compete in the Finale.

They can make it even more fun, by mixing power vs timing/finesse obstacles in each portion, while allowing the mixed pairs to decide who does the 1st vs 2nd half (so there's a possibility of the guy in 1 team going head-to-head with the gal from the other team, before handing over).

They're already going for speed with timed competitions, but head-to-head is always more exciting with the possibility of leads swapping (if their insurance underwriters would allow a head-to-head format).

Just a thought ;)

Would be awesome if you 2 can convince them to have you compete together :D

P.S.
They did something like this with Ninja Warrior and Team Ninja Warrior: male + female teams competing side-by-side, but I don't know if competitors swinging razor sharp tools might affect liability issues.

Obviously, head-to-head means separated far enough there's no chance of contact (plus lanyards for retention), but you're still racing another person, not just a clock.

Last edited:
You know, there've been lots of sports with mixed pair competitions, but NEVER anything even close to this.

Did you 2 think of specifically mentioning/pushing that angle? Even the producers may not have considered this.

Every episode thus far, has featured at least 1 female competitor, so they're obviously actively looking for female competitors, but if they haven't considered it for next season, try planting that seed: male + female duos competing as a team. Relay chops, tandem chops.

You want more adrenaline? Set up 2 courses side-by-side. Each team member has to chop half, before the 2nd team member chops the 2nd half. Teams go head to head in elimination. Last 2 teams standing per episode, compete in the more difficult course, for the chance to compete in the Finale.

They can make it even more fun, by mixing power vs timing/finesse obstacles in each portion, while allowing the mixed pairs to decide who does the 1st vs 2nd half (so there's a possibility of the guy in 1 team going head-to-head with the gal from the other team, before handing over).

They're already going for speed with timed competitions, but head-to-head is always more exciting with the possibility of leads swapping (if their insurance underwriters would allow a head-to-head format).

Just a thought ;)

Would be awesome if you 2 can convince them to have you compete together :D

I think those are great ideas! Right now, we are just in talks with ITV Casting. I questioned how it would be handled if both of us made it through since we are married, and all she could tell me was that the final decision is up to The History Channel. o_O

I'm hoping they update the course to put less of an emphasis on large swords and more of an emphasis on knives, or change the name of the show to "Sword or Death"

Finesse cuts, skill cuts, accuracy cuts rather than just pure power and the women could hold their own against the men.

I think those are great ideas! Right now, we are just in talks with ITV Casting. I questioned how it would be handled if both of us made it through since we are married, and all she could tell me was that the final decision is up to The History Channel. o_O
You’re both exactly what they’re looking for. I don’t work for the history channel, but I’ll bet my user EDC2 you both make it on.

Back