Knife Storage

91bravo

Gold Member
My mother-in-law gave me this box for Christmas and figured I'd share it with yall. Not sure where she got it from, but I like it! Nice storage and organization. It will a lot of my knives, but not all. If I had 2 of them, they might hold them all. Here are some non-professional pics to show the storage options.

ujUexv5.jpg

CMtYtFj.jpg

9MK3ork.jpg

sqEOlwZ.jpg

KJsuKhx.jpg

Xq7tyxy.jpg

pbZDpbL.jpg

Not big enough for my big choppers though
QbpJoHN.jpg

Merry Christmas to all!

My mother-in-law gave me this box for Christmas and figured I'd share it with yall. Not sure where she got it from, but I like it! Nice storage and organization. It will a lot of my knives, but not all. If I had 2 of them, they might hold them all. Here are some non-professional pics to show the storage options.

ujUexv5.jpg

CMtYtFj.jpg

9MK3ork.jpg

sqEOlwZ.jpg

KJsuKhx.jpg

Xq7tyxy.jpg

pbZDpbL.jpg

Not big enough for my big choppers though
QbpJoHN.jpg

Merry Christmas to all!

Nice chest ... Congrats ... I have my eye on on similar but waiting until after the Holidays.

Looks like it would work great for most folders at least ... and maybe some small fixed blades.

This is watch makers tool box. Make great knife storage boxes;but don't protect from moisture/rust. You can find them on one of the late A.G.'s sites.
Rich

Nice chest ... Congrats ... I have my eye on on similar but waiting until after the Holidays.

Looks like it would work great for most folders at least ... and maybe some small fixed blades.

The depth of the drawers are perfect for folders. I just need one that's big enough for my fixed blades.

This is watch makers tool box. Make great knife storage boxes;but don't protect from moisture/rust. You can find them on one of the late A.G.'s sites.
Rich

Thanks for the info! It will sit in my bedroom, so not too worried about the moisture part!

Excellent! I’ve been wanting one of these myself. My great grandfather had a Gerstner machinists chest like this, sadly moisture ruined it in my parents barn. I’d like another Gerstner but they’re $$$$, and I’d have to fill the drawers :eek:

There is a cheap version of a similar box available at Harbor Freight that I've seen recommended around the forums before. No personal experience with it, however.

The depth of the drawers are perfect for folders. I just need one that's big enough for my fixed blades.

I looked at several ... like you I want one that I can put my small to medium fixed blades in also ...

I doubt I'll find one like these that holds the large fixed blades ...

but I think I found one that will hold all my users and small fixed blades ... the non users are going up for sale sometime anyway ... so I'm hoping one will hold most of my knives ...

if not I have a wooden chest that will ... I'll just have to find a good place to put it where it's climate controled mostly ...

but your MIL did good !!! ... you might have a keeper in that MTM ... if she can get her family to gift things like that to enable (cough ... encourage) your hobby ... :thumbsup:

That's pretty nice right there! Here's my 'rotation' setup one smallish box that I can fit in 6 of the 7 knives that I use for EDC, take one, put one back kinda thing, some guys think it's just where I put all my lanyards that happen to also have a knife tied to them ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Back