Knife Storage

My new (unused) knives remain in their original boxes. Most of my knives lie around on my desk and the book case in my man room. It's a nice box, but for me it's just another piece of furniture to deal with and I have too many such things now. It is however a little irritating when I can't find one of my knives that I might be looking for. They usually turn up, just not at the time I'm searching for them. So, a common storage box is a good thing and they can come in many shapes. It just depends on how formal the decor is in your house. A person visiting my house would probably notice that I like knives but would not notice much of anything else of value that I tend to accumulate.

Really like your set up.

Just be aware that some of the chemicals used in the tanning process for leather are not friendly to blade steels - especially the carbon blades; for that reason I keep my carbon fixed blades out of their sheaths if they be of leather.

Thanks Salty, I play with every single one of my knives, so they get pulled out and examined from time to time. Luckily, no rust or corrosion!

I refinished this Walnut Gerstner chest from the 40’s a few years ago.
This set-up holds a lot of knives.
The base chest holds the big knives.
View attachment 1042823
View attachment 1042825

Man, that's a beautiful setup! Looks PERFECT for fixed and folder storage! Thanks for sharing!

Jonny, that's a real sweet set-up there, but I gotta ask...which drawer is Jeannie's? :D @MarriedTheMedic

Jeannie has her own wooden drawer. It holds her knives, flashlights and some of her jewelry. Hers is actually pretty nice!

I wondered what those were like, looks perfect for folders. I've been wanting to get organized my knives are all over the place

I wondered what those were like, looks perfect for folders. I've been wanting to get organized my knives are all over the place

My knives used to be all over the place for the most part. At least I can keep some of them together now!

Is that a GTO in your avatar? I think I see twin turbos?

I have it and I use it. Nice but of medium / low quality. Made in China. You should reinforce the floor of the drawers with wood underneath.
My dream is a Gerstner.
IC2UujV.jpg

w74J1W9.jpg

aQ7bfpn.jpg

Last edited:
My knives used to be all over the place for the most part. At least I can keep some of them together now!

Is that a GTO in your avatar? I think I see twin turbos?
yeah it is it's a twin turbo 5.7 it's fun

I'll have to get myself one of those toolboxes for Christmas

I got a glass-top display case a while back. 24/7 visual enjoyment, but not convenient to expand, and that helps keep the collection down to size. Recommended :D

Full disclosure: I just got a 2nd one :eek:

Right on Jonny! When we bought our house I finally got my own closet, so I have all my Spydiepacks hanging in it and knives laid out on the counter instead of clothes! The wife thinks I need help hahaha. Merry Christmas!

Right on Jonny! When we bought our house I finally got my own closet, so I have all my Spydiepacks hanging in it and knives laid out on the counter instead of clothes! The wife thinks I need help hahaha. Merry Christmas!

I still have knives laying all over the place. This is a good start at consolidating them though! Merry Christmas to you and all yours Josh!

Back