Knife you're embarrased to own or admit purchasing?

I inherited a mixed collection of knives that included the big curved blade called "Fury" that had a knuckle duster grip handle radiating screw-in spikes. It screamed "1980s Hollywood B-movie serial killer" and I was anxious to get rid of it. Still, it sat in a box of knives I never looked at or even remembered, most of the time. When I finally got around to ridding myself of these junk knives I found homes for most of them but the Fury wouldn't budge. I finally tossed it into a scrap metal recycling bin while doing some renovating. Good riddance!
Frost used to make a licensed copy of the knife used in Stallone‘s movie Cobra.

Link:

n2s

My Kershaw Strata XL was bought as a ridiculous knife and it's a bit cheesy. While I might like to get a Spanish Navaja knife some day it will be from Spain (probably by Cudeman or Joker) and with a more classic design.

OH... I've got a real Beauty.
I'll have to get a pic of it, and let you fellas enjoy a good laugh!

Kizer Raja. Somewhat an impulse buy, I knew it was kind of cheesy, but I liked it. With a lanyard it works good as a mini-machete.

I am not going to comment on the man, his motives, his reasons, or his character. It is water under the bridge.

What I will say is that I own several Strider and Mick Strider custom knives, and they are solid, quality tools and I am happy to own/use them. I am not embarrassed of them in any way.
I'VE had many Striders...five models...and all are great knives. I have used their customer service (repair) twice, and it was perfect and free.
Note that Strider warranties their products for "THE LIFE OF THE KNIFE." WHO ELSE DOES THAT?

I'VE had many Striders...five models...and all are great knives. I have used their customer service (repair) twice, and it was perfect and free.
Note that Strider warranties their products for "THE LIFE OF THE KNIFE." WHO ELSE DOES THAT?
Many companies. Buck, off the top of my head, has their Forever Warranty. But literally any lifetime warranty, which is pretty industry standard, covers it for the lifetime of the product.

OH... I've got a real Beauty.
I'll have to get a pic of it, and let you fellas enjoy a good laugh!
I got back to late to handle this with a simple edit...
This Thing was given to me over 55 years ago by my Grampa.
I hated to tell him that I would get caught dead with it strapped to hip.
Gentlemen; may I present to you, "Knife-Zilla"!

Attachments

• 20210801_093726.jpg
    20210801_093726.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210801_093916.jpg
    20210801_093916.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 31
It must just be a "Quality Control Thing", and I got lucky...
Mine has always functioned well ( hate to use the word "perfectly"); even though it sounds like a tray full of plates getting pitched down the cellar stairs...

That’s what I heard so I thought I’d give it a shot.
Yep, nice practical-looking knife, and no doubt the steel and construction are still plenty adequate. But then again, I don't have 'yuge' standards these days, especially when we live in these luxury times when folks can become 'steel', brand, price point, and even 'nationality' snobs!

I have the Mini Tanto version...
Did you get yours from Megaknife?

Attachments

• IMG_5528__23512.1579295051.jpg
    IMG_5528__23512.1579295051.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 9
I got back to late to handle this with a simple edit...
This Thing was given to me over 55 years ago by my Grampa.
I hated to tell him that I would get caught dead with it strapped to hip.
Gentlemen; may I present to you, "Knife-Zilla"!
Collectors love those. I believe made in Japan.

Bought a Factor Large Carbon Iconic 4 years ago upon entering the hobby! Was excited as it was my first "quality" blade I purchased. Realized after watching a few videos it was a stolen design from GM. 😳

Back