Knife you're embarrased to own or admit purchasing?

Gotta ask, HOW do you use the Phillips on this one?
a little too wide for clearance
in most cases

Fantasia GIF on GIFER - by Arashijas

Last edited:
And there's me, I just don't use folders.

Even when I had my Voyager I just used it twice, it got all dirty as I used it to cut food and I just stopped using it completely as I had no idea how to get that filth out of it and out of it's lock mechanism...

If I may ask, what kind of food use did you put a Voyager through that so thoroughly gummed up the mechanism in only two uses?

And there's me, I just don't use folders.

Even when I had my Voyager I just used it twice, it got all dirty as I used it to cut food and I just stopped using it completely as I had no idea how to get that filth out of it and out of it's lock mechanism...

Viper Berus 1 is my favourite EDC.
Small, disappears in my pocket, comfortable handle, nice blade geometry and stainless with plenty of edge retention.
I agree, it is harder to get food and crud out of a folder and I don’t like mixing my food and my crud but I throw my folders In the dishwasher, open and they generally come out spotless inside and out. I haven’t been brave enough to do it with any of my knives in M4, 3V, 1095, etc.

GOFTCwQ.jpg

Found this old swap meet knife I purchased when I was maybe 13-16 under my old mattress in my parents house maybe a year ago.

I was always fascinated by knives and carried them at a young age but I had no idea about quality or that such a thing even existed 😂

I have good ones and I have known what a good knife is since 14 and in Boy Scouts,but I have acquired some poor ones that seemed good but would not skin a squirrel ,and been given some really wild looking things as gifts that still suck but I generally keep them because who else will? And they have thier story! Good bad or indifferent they are knives. I have a few that are are really good and I don’t need any better ,most good knives were made over 40 or 50 years ago,Guns too ,and my best are all that old at least and may have served three or more generations and still workMarbles,cammilus,western and edges and my go to hunting knife a Boy Scout sheath knife,I replaced the leather handle with bone years ago when I acquired it in less than stellar condition without a sheath,which I made for it .it is a fine knife now.one of the fine knives I had was a Puma Hunters pal it disappeared years ago never had another Puma but I love them.

ok I was embarrassed because I bought a CRKT ata chrome shop for big rigs,it did have the cutting geometry of a brick….no bricks have edges which this cannot keep ..not for long the stainless alloy had some lead in it I carried it on my truck for awhile then said” how long are you going to carry this before you admit you got freaking robbed? Ditch the bitch and get a Buck 110,don’t embarrass yourself anymore!” Dont get me wrong ,I have worn out Bucks ,but not by normal intelligent use,I have used them wrong when I had to and they fix them for a reasonable price,for abelt mount folder used wisely they last forever

I'd have to say - none.
I've picked up some pretty awful knives over the years, but, it was mostly my decision to get them - others came via gifts from a well-meaning friend/relative.

Honestly, I hate my Ontario Rat II. I bought it on an impulse with a giftcard because I had seen good "bang for your buck" reviews. Of course, I didn't pay attention to the thickness of the handle and it is way too bulky for me at .51" thick. So now it sits in a dark corner in shame.

I might join this club for the laughs; saw a master cutlery survival knife, looks kind of like the buckmaster, has firestarter and some other junk in the hollow handle its 5.99- probably 11.00 shipped.:D

Honestly, I hate my Ontario Rat II. I bought it on an impulse with a giftcard because I had seen good "bang for your buck" reviews. Of course, I didn't pay attention to the thickness of the handle and it is way too bulky for me at .51" thick. So now it sits in a dark corner in shame.
A Rat II is not .51" thick, more like .41". A Rat I is .5" thick.

Is it possible you guys are using "thick" in place of "wide"??

A Chinese copy of the Benchmade 940 for $30.

Which turns out works better and I prefer the steel more than the real thing.

Not easy to tell them apar.t. Even with side by side comparisons I sometimes think the Chinese copy is the better quality,. Beware of anyone selling a green 940 unless they have receipt from reputable Benchmade dealer. On the 940 they refind the copy that well. Too bad they just can't do something on their own because doing a copy seems like more work.

It's a good bit wider than it is thick. 3/4"+ wide.

Is it possible you guys are using "thick" in place of "wide"??

My bad, I missed that you were referring to the handle. My mind was on blade, which was the source of my confuzion.

Back