KNIPEX - Cobra XS Water Pump Pliers

EDIT - What ^ he said. I didn't see your post on the next page Gary. As you can tell I agree.

Well G2 has to get his cut ;) The portability and readiness took the sting out of the extra $10.00 bucks for me. I've spent more on lesser tools.

a hundred years from now, I'll have forgotten all about the sting ;)
or...my elusive cut :)
G2

Cannot fathom the reason for the price difference but it might come down to overall sales are less for the small one where the more popular ones they make many more of which translates into a lesser cost.

So bottom line I guess it depends if you value a pocketable size or not. In the slip sheath I carry mine every day without a problem I don’t know if I could do so with the larger ones, granted I don’t have the larger ones in hand to see at this time

G2

I bought a tape measure from countycomm, turns out the pliers fit in the case fairly well.
This one https://countycomm.com/products/fiberglass-measuring-tape-case?_pos=1&_sid=558ea0be3&_ss=r

pic
https://flic.kr/p/2kBv2Fn
2kBv2Fn

Last edited:
Slip Sheath for these pliers,

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Again very handy, working on my grandson's toy that had a broken internal actuator and needed something to pull one section out of a tight spot and I just smiled and pulled the pliers out and handled it nicely.
G2

I ordered a pair of the 4" after reading this thread. Good thing i dont have to pay an enablers commission lol.
Nice sheath Gary!

4” is a good choice for sure

and thanks that sheath is one I have available right now
G2

Ud7P99T.jpg

I recently got my XS that goes nicely in my chest pocket and these maratac screw drivers to my keys. I tested and when ever you need more torque for screws the knipex comes to assist. Saves quite bit weight and space and spreads it around vs multitool. I still love multi tools though!

I’ve used them countless times. Removing nuts and bolts, garden hose disconnect, bike repair, sink repair, even pulled a goat head thorn out of my daughter’s thumb. Very handy and disappears in the pocket with my tinker small.

NIC5REP.jpg

I like those tab screw drivers, I'll have to look those up, they could come in handy too. Just finished up another of the plier sheaths using a longhorn skull embossing for all those Texan's out there ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Nice grouping ;) good to see yet another one fits as well. Anyone interested in the Longhorn one can reach me by message or email to chiseledge at yahoo.com
G2

I have loosened drain pipe connections under sinks with mine.
I keep mine in an old wet stone slip. The hanldes stick out about an inch. I've noticed they get hung up on other articles in the pocket when retrieving the pliers. Covered handles would be a better way to go.
I am actually looking at the 5 or 6" wrench pliers also.

Back