Knives and Drinks!

Tequila and an auto, what could possibly go wrong?
Tequila2.jpg

Back in January 2013, I went to KY for a bourbon event. While I was there, I did the bourbon trail. While at Woodford, they were barreling a new product
View attachment 1452211
They said it would be released in about 7 years; so I waited.... and when it hit my area, I bought some
View attachment 1452213
That's the backstory (I accidentally posted in a different thread last night; but the only picture I reused was that of the barrel.
View attachment 1452219
The knife is a gen1 0550, with copper scale... because the stock scale was too ugly for such a great knife

Back in January 2013, I went to KY for a bourbon event. While I was there, I did the bourbon trail. While at Woodford, they were barreling a new product
View attachment 1452211
They said it would be released in about 7 years; so I waited.... and when it hit my area, I bought some
View attachment 1452213
That's the backstory (I accidentally posted in a different thread last night; but the only picture I reused was that of the barrel.
View attachment 1452219
The knife is a gen1 0550, with copper scale... because the stock scale was too ugly for such a great knife
That's awsome commitment. Very neat! One day I'll make it south to the trail.

The distillery tours are interesting...not quite a You see one, you've seen them all kind of thing (though a lot of the basics carry over from one to the next). Wild Turkey and Jim Beam give an appreciation for just how BIG the bourbon business is, between the number of barrels they have aging at any given time, and the amount they pay in taxes (it's no wonder people ran 'shine, lol).
Covid must be playing hell on their tours & visits. I was probably due for a trip in '21; but that's not happening...maybe in '22

View attachment 1452211
View attachment 1452213
View attachment 1452219

Nice set up, I like that scale

Back