Off Topic Knives and fountain pens

Another way to go is the Pilot Varsity. Disposable but very adequate pen. I use them frequently.

Zieg

I got some V Pens a while ago to see if I liked fountain pens or not before plunking down some real cash on a proper one. I've been using it occasionally at work, and while I like the way it writes on a flat page on a hard surface, I rarely actually write on flat paper on hard surfaces. I write on cardboard, slick thermal receipt paper, on paper pinned to a cork board, vertical surfaces or other weird angles, etc. A ballpoint pen, particularly a pressurized one like a Fisher or a Uni Power Tank, with a retractable mechanism (clicky or bolt action), is far more useful to me. Even with office/paperwork duty, I'm finding a gel pen suits me better than a fountain pen. I still feel like I want to buy a Pilot Vanishing Point, but I can't really justify the cost.

300955732_5296826417079269_3388459747926275593_n_edited.jpg

Isn't that supposed to be that "one beer to have..."?

WValtakis WValtakis ruined my fun budget for the month.
1V8PMwq.jpg

What nib did you get with it? A reverse oblique? One nice feature of the Lamy is nibs are easy to interchange. Good luck!

Thrifty Thursday pic includes this TWSBI piston filler. Better feed than my Lamy, but not as robust. I actually carry a fountain pen every day, so I need a tough pen (hence the above posted mystery pen and the Lamy) but the price is so good on these TWSBI pens that I don't mind if it gets scratched up, as long as I don't wreck it.

The knife is a bargain bin Sarge, but I'll be darned if it isn't a good knife.

EAyssHi.jpeg

Zieg

Last edited:
I've become proficient enough to use my Lamy lefty. I find it works best it I write quickly, and on a softer medium like a noted pad. Unfortunately this makes my handwriting poor, but still legible.

Back