Knives I would like Cold Steel to Make

I'm mostly fan of fixed blades, why is there no Drop Forged Tanto is beyond me.

I also have Warcraft Tanto, why is there no Warcraft Bowie or Warcraft Double edge is very confusing.

Other 3V blades became replaced with uncoated versions, Recon Tanto in 3V stopped being produced completley. Maybe because Warcraft series is of similar price, has 3 sizes, better handle and full tang?

Pendleton Mini Hunter in 3V is awesome, and I wish CS had more small fixed blades in carbon or tool steels. Because 4116 and AUS aren't too appealing to me.

I also wish they offered more sheath options than just Secure-Ex, since it has glass inside it, and upon any contact with the edge, it dulls your blade.

A folding knife where the handle is a big thick polypropylene carapace that you put your whole forearm in to protect you during knife fights. There are 5 serrated Vaquero blades of various sizes that fold out of the end. Call it the 5 Fingers of Death and sell it at a competitive price point and the world is yours, Lynn.

A folding knife where the handle is a big thick polypropylene carapace that you put your whole forearm in to protect you during knife fights. There are 5 serrated Vaquero blades of various sizes that fold out of the end. Call it the 5 Fingers of Death and sell it at a competitive price point and the world is yours, Lynn.

Of all the suggestions on this thread I feel like this ^ has the highest chance of making into Lynn’s production plan.

I won’t be surprised anymore if sensible projects like this gets prioritized. :cool:

There must be a financial reason but cancelling the Talwar is inexplicable to me. I have the XL plain edge and the serrated edge standard edition Talwars and the special edition XL Talwar with the black blade and coyote tan handle [would have preferred the OD green handle but it was sold out]
I'd buy a 4" serrated Talwar in a minute. For the XL I prefer the Espada.

I'd like to see them bring back the medium Espada. Except I'd make the blade 4.5 inches like a Spartan instead of the original 4".

Realistic desire: fixed versions of their larger folders like Espada, Spartan, and Rajah. The blades are cool but the handles are goofy af and don't seem very useful. I mean I'm sure they grip well but the extra length doesn't serve much purpose and they tend to veer toward a cheesy mall ninja shape. Of course you can't have a folder handle be shorter than the blade, but you can have it any length you want with a fixed design.

A larger version of the drop forged boot knife, perhaps in the 7" range.

This one might be a pipe dream, but a Master Tanto with a bone breaker edge like the Outdoorsman. Bob Lum and a few early makers of the Americanized tanto did them that way sometimes, and it's a neat idea with a decent amount of eye appeal.

I'm going to modify my earlier request. I still want a 4.5 inch Espada. It should be G10 instead of (or in addition to) aluminum, because the Al versions are so gorgeous you're afraid to use them for fear of scratches. Secondarily, it should use the Shark lock for high fidgetibility if possible.
My other request is that some closure retention be sacrificed for a smaller snap-close angle. Big triad lock folders are like guillotines. God help those who don't keep their fingers clear! Ti-lites and other leaf spring locks have tiny snap-close angles and still seem to stay closed sufficiently.
But mainly I want more 4.5" blade folder options. I'll take either a Talwar or Espada or any Persian style. Call it "compact" instead of medium or large. And make it hollow ground and/or thin behind the edge. It's a knife, not a hatchet. AUS10 would be fine with me. I'm over the supersteel phase. High carbon steel holds a very sharp edge just as long as high carbide super steel and is much easier to keep razor sharp.

Back