KW Exclusive Military CF/Ti S90V + CQI Improvements

From LA to CA in two days via Priority Mail. I'm very happy with KnifeWorks and also impressed this Ti/CF-S90V Millie. My only immediate performance differential observation between this rendition and the CPS-204P is that the latter sliced more effortlessly through thin phone book paper without snagging and tearing due to weight. Maybe the 0.5 ounces weight differential made a bit of difference, or perhaps that blade came a bit sharper. Nevertheless, both are mighty knives and comparing the two may have enforced my thoughts that maybe I should pick up another 204P if on sale or perhaps the M4 version for a 2017 trifecta.

Oh, this post would be worthless without some customary photos :)

ebRI3Ec.jpg

urxVjpD.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good all! Congrats. Mine gets here tomorrow...while I'm away. :confused:

liking what i'm seeing, thanks all for the great pics of it. looks like a winner, glad i got one.......

Gents,

How does the action and lock-up feel on this beast? What is the lockbar tension like? Will the blade free fall if you hold the lockbar open? Can you flick the blade open with the thumb? Also, what is the edge like? The 204p millie was the sharpest and most evenly ground spyderco I had ever seen. It also had the smoothest action of any Military I own. I am hoping the This one will be similarly sharpened and symmetrical with an equally smooth action. If so, it isngoing to take the #1 slot in my stable

My lockbar tension is stiff, which I really like. It makes the detent pretty strong, which I also like! Mine has very even grinds, sharp as hell, and is ground real close all the way up to the plunge grind. Plus, it free falls at a slow steady rate, when I unlock the knife. These are all brand new, so I'll check back in a few weeks and let you know how the action is.

Not a free falling one here but everything else so far as lockbar tension and detent is concerned, I concur with Bravo1.

got my shipment in, can say that my lockbar tension is stiff, it does not swing free and I expect it to smooth out quickly as my others did. It feels heavier than my CF/M390 but same as the others. Mine locks up around 50%. :thumbsup: Good stuff here. Had a couple of stowaways in my package.......

gqsxTvm.jpg

XtgtNAW.jpg

Mine appears destined to be going back, the detent is very stiff, so much so that by the time you defeat it it tends to fly out. What I noticed when I opened it and just tried to wiggle the blade up and down when locked open it had lots of play and the lock bar was shifting in the direction to unlock and clicking, however it was not to the point the lock failed but I wasn't really cranking on it either I like my fingers. What I found is while the detent is very strong, the lockbar appears to be running out of tension before it travels far enough to lock the blade securely, looking at the locking surface of the blade it appears to be about 70-80% engagement. I thought about just disassembling it and increasing the lock bar tension or shift the steel insert to see if that fixed it but it looks like between the lanyard hole and the stop pin disassembly might not be trivial. I'm surprised it would make it through QC this way, unfortunate because everything else on it seems really good. I swear companies should pay me to sort their bad products because I seem to be a bad QC sample magnet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo2
Since it's a frame lock I like the knife a little stiff at first as once it wears in it'll smooth out. My lock bar is stiff as well, as I think it should be. lock up at 50%. Since it's steel on steel it wont wear the same as a Ti/steel interface.

Mine is ground nicely- .025 behind the edge with pretty even bevels all the way to the plunge grind. Good detent, falls free with lock bar depressed. Lockbar tension is less than a sebenza, lock engagement is solid at about 35-40% engagement. CF is nice and grippy. Weighs exactly 4.7oz
Supreme EDC! Three days to NM from LA. Impeccable Knifeworks service yet again! Thanks Roger! :)
i-Dkz4834-X3.jpg

Last edited:
I might be the last to receive it. It just embark on its long journey home.

I'm glad I got a perfect one too! I sailed through a bunch of cardboard with mine last night with the plain factory edge and let's just say it passed with flying colors!

Dang i should have paid for 2 day shipping

I went with the free shipping and got mine in 2 days because they used USPS Priority Mail. Ground shipping (presumably through FedEx or UPS) had a surcharge which I am sure would've taken longer. The 2 days shipping offer for an additional $19.95 or whatever just wasn't worth it. Are you in a rural area, because the free Priority Mail shipping would probably take 3 BUSINESS days in most such cases.

Back