• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad lamanian is no good to deal with

I don't think people realize that accepting G&S means money is on hold until the item is delivered to the buyer. That is completely one-sided and backwards. That is why I stick with F&F for the most part....
That's a weak argument, IMHO.

Why shouldn't the buyer have an opportunity to receive the goods and be able to inspect them before the deal is concluded?

Historically, this forum always lived by the mantra that a deal wasn't done until both sides were satisfied.

That's a weak argument, IMHO.

Why shouldn't the buyer have an opportunity to receive the goods and be able to inspect them before the deal is concluded?

Historically, this forum always lived by the mantra that a deal wasn't done until both sides were satisfied.
Personally, if someone was not happy with something I've sent, I would bend over backwards to make it right and go beyond. I make it very clear on the front end what I am selling, and it's condition.

I don't get to order a knife from Knifecenter, and then decide to pay them if I like it. I don't know why it should be any different on a smaller scale. My opinion I guess. I've sold over 500 knives online for very fair prices and have yet to run into an issue.

Personally, if someone was not happy with something I've sent, I would bend over backwards to make it right and go beyond. I make it very clear on the front end what I am selling, and it's condition.

I don't get to order a knife from Knifecenter, and then decide to pay them if I like it. I don't know why it should be any different on a smaller scale. My opinion I guess. I've sold over 500 knives online for very fair prices and have yet to run into an issue.

I'm not questioning your personal ethics or practices. But F&F gives no guarantee to the buyer if you decide not to ship the knife or send a knife that is not acceptable. G&S protects the buyer's rights if nothing shows up or the item is unsatisfactory.

If I buy from Knife Center and the item is defective or unsatisfactory, either they will make it good, or, worst case, the credit card company will investigate the dispute and refund me if they find the claim to be valid.

While you and I might do the right thing when selling a knife and receiving F&F, that doesn't change the reality that F&F offers no protection to the buyer.

F&F asks the buyer to trust that the seller will do the right thing, with little recourse if they don't.

I don't think people realize that accepting G&S means money is on hold until the item is delivered to the buyer. That is completely one-sided and backwards. That is why I stick with F&F for the most part....
I sold several knives here and sold G&S and had the money in my account within minutes of transaction prior to shipping them out. After reading of all the issues, I insisted on G&S to make sure the buyer was squared away as well as that I was not accepting cash from a friend or family.

I'm not questioning your personal ethics or practices. But F&F gives no guarantee to the buyer if you decide not to ship the knife or send a knife that is not acceptable. G&S protects the buyer's rights if nothing shows up or the item is unsatisfactory.

If I buy from Knife Center and the item is defective or unsatisfactory, either they will make it good, or, worst case, the credit card company will investigate the dispute and refund me if they find the claim to be valid.

While you and I might do the right thing when selling a knife and receiving F&F, that doesn't change the reality that F&F offers no protection to the buyer.

F&F asks the buyer to trust that the seller will do the right thing, with little recourse if they don't.
That does make sense. I guess some of us have unquestionable integrity, but that is probably not the norm unfortunately.

I sold several knives here and sold G&S and had the money in my account within minutes of transaction prior to shipping them out.
This has been my experience as well. The money is available right away,not that it matters. I stand behind all my sales and will refund or rectify if there is a problem.
I hope filing a complaint gets these members some action, but I can't recall it ever doing so,and this is part of the problem-these scammers have little to fear for their actions.
So it seems that it leaves it to us to protect our own money.

Last edited:
That does make sense. I guess some of us have unquestionable integrity, but that is probably not the norm unfortunately.
That works great until someone's account gets hacked. Then it's not your integrity that the transaction is based on. That has happened multiple times.

I’ve always had G&S payments immediately. Unfortunately, I have too many knives now so I’m not rolling the dice on here these days.

"Unquestionable integrity."

Uses F&F for goods which is tax fraud.

You understand why your integrity could be questioned, right? A scammer would be very quick to say "I would bend over backwards to make it right!"

I don't know you, so I'm not saying you're a scammer, but using F&F makes your integrity "questionable", as in able to be questioned, to me.

"Unquestionable integrity."

Uses F&F for goods which is tax fraud.

You understand why your integrity could be questioned, right? A scammer would be very quick to say "I would bend over backwards to make it right!"

I don't know you, so I'm not saying you're a scammer, but using F&F makes your integrity "questionable", as in able to be questioned, to me.
1. Using F&F is not "tax fraud", because the 1099-K ruling does not go into effect until 2025. Please get your facts right. Taxes were taken out of my paycheck, and I paid taxes when I purchased the item. Breaking even or taking a loss on an item does not entitle it to be taxed again.
2. Clearly, as someone with 138 positive feedback on here, I am not a scammer.

This is taking the thread further off topic, and I apologize to Blues.

Im not kicking this dead horse again buut..Banning Payment methods for sales is ridiculous, people can give you fake cash in person too. Where do we draw the line .. simple, you draw your personal line where your personal comfort level is during your personal transaction and don't blame the forum. Sheisty members deserve the ban but we can't expect the mods to stay ontop of it BEFORE it happens imo.

Still sorry to hear everyone's out. And appreciate the mods efforts to regulate!!!

1. Using F&F is not "tax fraud", because the 1099-K ruling does not go into effect until 2025. Please get your facts right. Taxes were taken out of my paycheck, and I paid taxes when I purchased the item. Breaking even or taking a loss on an item does not entitle it to be taxed again.
2. Clearly, as someone with 138 positive feedback on here, I am not a scammer.

This is taking the thread further off topic, and I apologize to Blues.
I wouldn't call it tax fraud either BUT if you're selling to people and they aren't "Friends & Family" you're lying/abusing the system.

I dislike Paypal as much as the next person from their political implications in the past and present but at least with G&S people are safe from being taken advantage of.

You have a stellar record on here and hopefully have 2FA enacted, as some have pointed out other people who have stellar records on here were hacked and their accounts stole peoples money.

I wouldn't call it tax fraud either BUT if you're selling to people and they aren't "Friends & Family" you're lying/abusing the system.

I dislike Paypal as much as the next person from their political implications in the past and present but at least with G&S people are safe from being taken advantage of.

You have a stellar record on here and hopefully have 2FA enacted, as some have pointed out other people who have stellar records on here were hacked and their accounts stole peoples money.
Eschewing the use of F&F while promoting paying for items with G&S that are prohibited under their TOS is lying/abusing the system, not to mention hypocritical.

You don't dislike PP as much as this person.

Folks, this thread is about an individual who has apparently ripped off some of our members. Let's get back to what it's about and not muddy it up with further conversation of the terms of service or tax implications of PayPal or other payment options.

The PayPal issue has been discussed elsewhere, in several threads, at great length. It's a worthwhile discussion, but dilutes this one.

How do people like Lamanian get away with this? Is it because people just write it off as a lesson learned, or local authorities don't bother with it when/if they are contacted? (I understand the PayPal FF/GS issue)

How do people like Lamanian get away with this? Is it because people just write it off as a lesson learned, or local authorities don't bother with it when/if they are contacted? (I understand the PayPal FF/GS issue)
Hard to reply without the facts. We don't know what has been reported, to whom it has been reported, and what they are doing with the information. Nor do we know how many of the individuals involved have made any report of any kind.

So...we don't know much.

That said, when I was still in LE, matters below a certain threshold were either turned over to the state and locals, or not investigated by us (beyond, say, simple seizures and such).

A district attorney or assistant U.S. attorney with prosecutorial discretion will look at the available evidence to determine whether it's something they deem worthy of going forward with.

As someone who was taken, it was a combination of jumping on a good deal before someone else did and he was a member since 2016 with a few good marks and no bad marks. I learned my lesson. I always either pay G&S or pass on a deal when I am on Facebook or Instagram since I can’t see people history, but I guess people go bad.

As far as how do they get away without any major consequences, a few people in disparate areas lost a hundred or so bucks each. Law enforcement is spread thin so it is likely just not a priority when more major crimes are happening in the locality.

Just thoughts, but
Not enough loss to get official attention
Cross states
Don't want to get involved in internet transaction
And last but not least, when you use F&F you are making a gift, so nothing was purchased. How do you prosecute that?

Interesting choice he made to scam people who are enthusiasts of knives and ammo. Darwinism at it's finest.
That always SOUNDS good, but I have never heard of a single instance where that happened to work out that way. We usually tend to just suck it up and come cry on each others shoulders. There SHOULD be a sub-forum that just posts scammers addresses and encourages local area members to pay a "visit and discuss"...

That always SOUNDS good, but I have never heard of a single instance where that happened to work out that way. We usually tend to just suck it up and come cry on each others shoulders. There SHOULD be a sub-forum that just posts scammers addresses and encourages local area members to pay a "visit and discuss"...
Actually no, there shouldn't. As it would come back on the site and its owner in today's world.

Back