• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad lamanian is no good to deal with

This has been my experience as well. The money is available right away,not that it matters. I stand behind all my sales and will refund or rectify if there is a problem.
I hope filing a complaint gets these members some action, but I can't recall it ever doing so,and this is part of the problem-these scammers have little to fear for their actions.
So it seems that it leaves it to us to protect our own money.
Worked for me. Called the local PD (not this guy btw and not exactly the same circs), and they had it sorted and my money to me in a few hours.

Details here:

Worked for me. Called the local PD (not this guy btw and not exactly the same circs), and they had it sorted and my money to me in a few hours.

Details here:

Glad to hear. I don't know if I vaguelly remembered your case or some other(where an officer went out to the house-but didn't remember if it got results).Small town helps, though yours should not have even needed the help.
I am more than glad to be wrong here, and more should and would have happy endings,with just a little authority help.
Yours was a mistake rather than a scam, but scammers don't like police at the door.

Last edited:
Figured I would give an update on tracking this guy down. I spoke with Dayton PD today, they could not help at this point. Where the purchaser lives is where the complaint starts, your own precinct. I can not form a group complaint, has to be individual, again home precinct. I am doing that later today and urge you guys to do the same. As we all know there is strength in numbers, the more complaints the quicker the resolution. Thanks, Russ

Glad to hear. I don't know if I vaguelly remembered your case or some other(where an officer went out to the house-but didn't remember if it got results).Small town helps, though yours should not have even needed the help.
I am more than glad to be wrong here, and more should and would have happy endings,with just a little authority help.
Yours was a mistake rather than a scam, but scammers don't like police at the door.
Yes, in fact you predicted an unfavorable outcome in that case after I thought it was settled and you were absolutely correct. You are the second post in that link. It was after your prediction came through that I contacted the PD and they got it sorted.

I would think a multitude of complaints of the same type (in this case), would be hard for a law enbforcement agency to ignore.

Yes, I am actually in the PD now having the report typed up. I told the officer I want him arrested. Reason being is I am disputing the charge also, and he said wait till that is done, before moving ahead with the charge. I do not want to wait on the cc decision, could take months. I want him arrested, period.

Good to see that people are actively going after this scammer. But isn't it going to be difficult before the police to do something when he can just claim it was a gift through F&F? Especially if there was nothing in the notes about the transaction.

Would look good in matching bracelets... but

Maybe.
Good to see that people are actively going after this scammer. But isn't it going to be difficult before the police to do something when he can just claim it was a gift through F&F? Especially if there was nothing in the notes about the transaction.
“Friends” and family, You can look at it two ways. Friends and family can rip you off also! Guess I will see if it is a problem!

No response either filed a claim a long time ago. He was up at 1am and responded instantly when he wanted the money, I think the opioid crisis may be accurately to blame here. I wouldn't mind adding my name to the complaint.

A guy tried to scam me years ago on here. I found him on Facebook and messaged every single person in his “friends” list. It so happened that his Mother, Father, and step Dad were included. I got my $$ pretty fast after they all knew their little boy was a piece of ….!

A guy tried to scam me years ago on here. I found him on Facebook and messaged every single person in his “friends” list. It so happened that his Mother, Father, and step Dad were included. I got my $$ pretty fast after they all knew their little boy was a piece of ….!
I did the same, messaged at least 10 of his contacts. Only received one response, telling me he has not spoken with this thief in many years!!

Ordered another sage on ebay. I got a package today from Benjamin root on the return address, and it's the package from the ebay order. It was not new as described. And it was definitely the same sage he listed here on bladeforums for 130 I paid. On ebay I paid 166 for what was supposed to be new. This goes deeper. I never received any response from anyone about the original 130 I sent him via PayPal for the deal we did here on bladeforums. I filed a claim with PayPal. Hopefully they honor their end.

Ordered another sage on ebay. I got a package today from Benjamin root on the return address, and it's the package from the ebay order. It was not new as described. And it was definitely the same sage he listed here on bladeforums for 130 I paid. On ebay I paid 166 for what was supposed to be new. This goes deeper. I never received any response from anyone about the original 130 I sent him via PayPal for the deal we did here on bladeforums. I filed a claim with PayPal. Hopefully they honor their end.
What was the return address? Is the one listed in this thread accurate?

Please keep us posted on whether eBay takes action against him.

What name does his account go under over there?

Yes, the previously listed address is the same as the return address he used here. His listing was a no returns listing, so I doubt ebay will do anything but I will keep you guys posted. I did not do my due diligence and see that I was dealing with the same person on eBay as BF.

Ebay username is dayto2444

Yes, the previously listed address is the same as the return address he used here. His listing was a no returns listing, so I doubt ebay will do anything but I will keep you guys posted. I did not do my due diligence and see that I was dealing with the same person on eBay as BF.

Ebay username is dayto2444
Thankyou!

Yes, I am actually in the PD now having the report typed up. I told the officer I want him arrested. Reason being is I am disputing the charge also, and he said wait till that is done, before moving ahead with the charge. I do not want to wait on the cc decision, could take months. I want him arrested, period.
good. glad ya put in the effort.

Damn, looks like Benjamin Root is in deep doo doo. If you’re reading this Ben, I would suggest doing the right thing and send the goods out or refund the money. Before you get introduced to Bubba in the jail cell.

Maybe a little Bubba is what he needs.

Back