Larry Davidson Balisong

Excellent. The blueprint looks spot on. I can't see anything that wouldn't work in the final fittings. Amazing how this whole thing can come together in 30 days, so far, with the right dedication. Finally, another recurve bali back in the collection.

I can't wait (dancing the Happy Dance)....

That ~~~> Is AWESOME.., and I'll have (2) with Snakewood Inserts please!!!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Excellent diagram, nice design. Looks very combative. Like Olisi Palad when closed or just a plain ol' punyo. Good stuff ! Can't wait to see it when done. Take care.....RDT

Beautiful !!!!
Love the blade.....
I want one....

Looking real nice! :D
Can't wait to see the first prototype.

Good job, guys.

Do you have any idea of an MRSP?

I was going to buy a Tachyon. Now, I think I'll wait to see how this project turns out. Especially since Larry's a fellow Texan!

That looks awesome! Very different from what we're used to seeing! Larry and BaliLover, I have a variety of 3D software including Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and 3D Studio MAX. If you're interested, I'd be glad to make a 3D model and photorealistic rendering of it for you!

Mike

Originally posted by MikeM
I'd be glad to make a 3D model and photorealistic rendering of it for you!
Wow, does that appeal to me.... Too bad all I have are jpg'd outputs of the dwg files... :(

Hey Larry, don't pass this up!!!!!!!! ;)

Okay Tony, I'm emailing Mike right now. We'll get a rendering up. I was gonna try it in IronCad, but time restraints are holding me up, I'm crunching for the Las Vegas Classic in Feb and I've got two new folder projects going on so I could use the help. Mike, the drawing is in the mail!!!
You guys that have contacted me about getting on the Bali list. I have file now with everyone down in the order you requested to be put on the list. I appreciate the support and enthusisum for this project and I will stay on top of it. I've several shows to get ready for and will be working on the prototypes over the next few weeks. Reports will be posted here so everyone can keep up. If there's anything else I can do, just say so. I think Mike will get something up on this that will be very exciting. Maybe I'll do the same with my two new folder models that are in the works. We'll see. Thanks again everyone,
LarryD

Looks great Larry!!! Bet it feels great to have 'em lining up to get your wares!!

:) :D :)

-Michael

Here's a image of a basic model I've started. The purpose of this model is to serve as a template. I'll be able to add different hole patterns, inserts, materials, etc.
Mike

balisong.jpg

Hey Guys Great Bali!
Just so there is no confusion down the road .
My next design is very simular construction wise.
I have been keeping them under wraps until the gemini was completed.

Ill post them later in a line drawing form.
The new one I am offering has a 3.5 inch blade.

I will have 5 differnt blade styles also.

Bowie
spear
dagger with blood grooves
tanto
and a fresh blade design of my own.

Darrel, oh no... when you say "next design" I guess you mean another series, as opposed to the custom bali orders you've taken for post gemini construction? My poor bank...

Thanks Darrel, no cornfusion here. Sounds like a great project you got going I'll see you in Vegas. LarryD

Wow, now I really feel special having Mr. Ralph himself say it's a "great bali." I don't think anyone would have accused you of stealing construction ideas, esp. since your knives have a certain flair to them that makes them easily recognized as yours.

Damn, that's a wicked lookin' knife! And a sharpened punyo... Genius!! Keep us heavily posted. :D

And if that weren't enough, Mr. Ralph has more to come...

...life is good. :cool:

I'm definitely in for one. Very cool to have a choice of quality balis out there now. It's nice to know you can buy one and not be afraid to use it because you may not be able to find another.

Mer

Back