Laser Strike Mk 2 countdown!

Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party....is the some discussion about a new knife or something?

I am curious as to the reasons the Laser Strike MK2 is seen as a replacement for the HEST in the ESEE line?

Because we want to. No other reason other than that.

So, it is just adding another knife to the lineup, versus coming out with a knife that would fill the role formerly filled by the HEST? In other words, there will not be a HEST type knife designed and produced by ESEE/ROWAN?

It’s not a substitute for the HEST, completely different animals. Just something to put back in the line in its place.

It’s not a substitute for the HEST, completely different animals. Just something to put back in the line in its place.

OK. I was confused, as the first posts in the thread mentioned replace and upgrade in regards to the HEST, and since the LS MK2 is obviously completely different, I was confused as to why it was seen as a replacement/upgrade. Instead of, "one knife is gone, so to continue to have "x" number of knives in line, here is a new model."

BTW Jeff if you use Laser Strike Mk 2 as the name, I want full royalties to include a pic of me holding the knife in a Myke Hawke style pose on the website. :D

So if a formerly ESEE produced HEST fails in its duty, will a Laser Strike MK2 step in to take its place? As in, warranty replacement?

That sounds like something I'd try to weasel. :D

No, a Rowen made HEST will be taken from the stock they keep back for warranty replacements and you'll get one of those.

That sounds like something I'd try to weasel. :D

No, a Rowen made HEST will be taken from the stock they keep back for warranty replacements and you'll get one of those.

Interesting. So, a low failure rate combined with holding back a large amount of HESTS in order to fulfill warranty replacements for the foreseeable future? Or, will ROWAN continue to produce warranty HESTS for ESEE?

Back