Laser Strike Mk 2 countdown!

The Izula III will be nice. You had a great concept there, Expat. People are gonna love it.

is that the bowie (sharpened clip) or the kukri version of the izzy?

I have been waiting for the Laser strike to be reintroduced for years. I can't believe I missed this thread until now.

In a way I'm kinda glad the LS isn't coming out RIGHT now. I just picked up a hest and I would be buyer's remorse hell right now!!
Who am I kidding I would have bought that too!

Also, sometimes they bring some pretty good looking wives so I spend mroe time hitting on their wives than ever trying to learn some bullshit tactic. I have my priorities in order. Bring on the white women and the hamburgers and now we're talking real-deal shit!

Reminds me of one of the greatest short stories ever written, "The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber." Hemingway, of course.

Google it, lots of (illegal) copies on the net. I would bet everyone on this site would love it.

What can this new knife add to your line-up that isn't already covered by the ESEE3 through 5?

That's an easy one.

Thicker blade than the 3 plus longer handle and bow divot. Better than the 3, in my personal opinion, in bushcraft, survival roles if only for the bow divot due to the amount of time saved by not having to make one on the spot from organic materials. The length of the blade and shape of the handle makes it better, in my personal opinion, for the offensive/defensive roles and CQC.

Thinner blade than the 5 with a flat grind that will slice better, a similar length, but less weight, and still has a bow divot. Better for those people who, unlike me, don't like "sharpened pry-bars", and don't like the aggressive look of the sharpened pommel.

Longer blade than the 4 plus longer handle and bow divot. As with the 3, Better than the 4, in my personal opinion, in bushcraft, survival roles if only for the bow divot due to the amount of time saved by not having to make one on the spot from organic materials. The length of the blade and shape of the handle makes it better, in my personal opinion, for the offensive/defensive roles and CQC.

nice, i've liked the look of this knife since i've seen it.... hope the sheath stays in the same style, cool design.

Plus 1

Probably nothing. But get real. What can any of our blades do that I can't do with a 15 dollar machete?

Be carried by me on my urban studies outings without getting my ass thrown in jail.

....i'd like to see a "bushcraft" type knife from esee....

That's actually how I am seeing this one, and liking what I see.

I might be on crack, but I thought I read that a part of it was uncoated for striking on a fire steel and that though it looked a bit odd was still comfortable in the hand. Of course I had a dream last night I got robbed at an ATM and when I drew my G19 it was a Blue Gun. FAIL!

Of course I had a dream last night I got robbed at an ATM and when I drew my G19 it was a Blue Gun. FAIL!

tactical%20facepalm.jpg

God bless,
Adam

Haha. Got my new holster from Kirkpatrick Gunleather last night and snuck it out of the box and stuck my G19 blue gun in a grocery bag inside the holster to start the break in process. Then put it back in the box so the wife can give it to me for Christmas. I think the dream came from that. :D

Adaman,

Nice. Hope you never have to pull your gun, but if you do, I hope its not a blue gun.

God bless,
Adam

Definitely put me in for one. Let's see, that's about 6 or 7 "pre-orders" I count so far, sounds good, get the presses rolling . . . :)
Seriously, this is a sharp looking knife, divot for the fire rod, the handle looks like it would fit some big paws as well (mine included), & the blade configuration is one of my favorites. Jeff, you & Mike head down to Molly Mae's (or whatever your favorite watering hole is) & hammer out the corporate stuff on some table napkins, us ESEE addicts will take care of the rest of it for you.
Good looking piece of equipment I must say.
Be safe.

Is it so much to ask to have a knife with a frickin' laser beam attached to its head....

No sir, it is certainly not unreasonable to ask for a knife with a laser beam attached to its head. In fact anything less than a laser equipped knife would be unreasonable in the bush!

God bless,
Adam

PS: Just envision precision batoning with your new laser enabled ESEE!

Man I wanted a laser strike badly the first time around.... it would be great to see it come back.

Back