LB7 Bear Paw LB Survey

Great thread!! Wish I had more time to go through this site..

Here's mine:

M33830 - 4 pin
SCHRADE+
USA LB7

I'll add some photo's after i've taken some .
SCHRADE +
USA LB7
L51921
White box ,leather sheath and Bear Paw + Certificate paperwork
meatbundyrumfactory.jpg

Jamo......you need a shave badly mate.......P.S. she only wants you for you're money....or your knives mate.....! Hoo Roo

I forgot to say 4 pin and can you see UL's bear paw ? Spot the UL bear paw.
Just put you there with your football GOLD nugget at your feet as I knew nobody would mark that spot with you there Big fella . So i can have some time to take a picky and replace .
artictoilet-1.jpg

I'm more of a Roo man myself.
kangaroohilarious.gif

Another one of my LB8's
100_2084.jpg

Last edited:
I just happened upon this thread today. I have many Bucks but just a couple of Schrades.

My LB7 is a 4-pin: Schrade +, U.S.A. LB7
Serial: 688953
The sheath is a medium brown.

Anyone know what the blade steel is on those?

Thanks,
Peter

hello Mike It has then old brown box as well .There was some others put out with different scales Ivorine . I'll send some pictures to my latest Schrade thread .

I have a LB7 Schrade+ U.S.A. Serial #054452, 3 pin. I think I got it as a birthday present in 1978. Yesterday the spring broke and I am thoroughly bummed. Any hopes of getting it fixed? I understand the new owners of the Schrade brand, Taylor Brands, LLC, won't honor the lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
Well, I did a little more research. First, the serial number of my knife is Q54452 (Next time I use a magnifying glass and my reading glasses). Needless to say, I got it sometime after 1978, maybe early 80's. Second, it seems that Taylor Brands will replace my LB7 USA with a LB7 CHINA. They say they can't fix it. This doesn't appeal to me as a fair trade. Third, it appears it can be fixed. I just don't know if I have the tools and skills to do so without destroying my knife. Can a local gunsmith handle this? Is it worth fixing? Any suggestions?

DSCN1021.jpg
DSCN1022.jpg

Last edited:
Second, it seems that Taylor Brands will replace my LB7 USA with a LB7 CHINA. They say they can't fix it. This doesn't appeal to me as a fair trade. Third, it appears it can be fixed. I just don't know if I have the tools and skills to do so without destroying my knife. Can a local gunsmith handle this? Is it worth fixing? Any suggestions?

Bobndwoods, there is a gentleman on this forum named Dale Vincent, goes by the handle Orvet. He has high recommendations at repairing lockbacks. Have not seen him lately, but he's usually around. I'll send him a message.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been doing more reading than posting to catch up on things. Thanks for the info and the e-mails. I sent Mr. Vincent a message and he gave me a most gracious reply. I think there is hope for my LB7. I'm not really a knife collector, but I have a few old knives that were my grandfather's and my dad's. Mostly Imperials rode hard and put up wet, so to speak. I'm going to try to post up some pictures soon. Ya'll can tell me if I have anything interesting there.

Bob

My LB7 was given to me around 1980-81 as a gift from my uncle. No picture but it has brass bolsters and is stamped

P13139 --3 Pin
SCHRADE +
U.S.A. LB7

I've been wanting to participate in this thread.
4 pin:
SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7
F59115

SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7

3 pin:
SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7
P42914

SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7
P42911

edit: all came in white boxes with gold lettering and had black sheaths

Last edited:
Custom sheath?

No not a custom sheath. :D

I worked as a carpet cleaner/installer way back in 1984, this knife cut a lot of carpet in its day. We all carried Schrades so I carved mine to differentiate mine from the others.

I was just kidding..I hope I didn't come across as a jerk. I just got my LB7s a week ago and I love this model...it's so stout. I could have had one when I was a kid but I already had a Buck 110 so I balked. I guess it takes age to appreciate some things.

Back