Lemme Phreak - D Guard Bowie build

Thanks Mack, but I'm far from it.

From the misunderstood "Cowbells and Crossroads" thread:

What does get us more cowbell is letting you guys know what direction we're going and what to expect.

Knifemaking has always given me an intense creative outlet. I'm going to be spending more time focusing on that creativity. The drawback of that is that I won't be taking custom orders, but there will always be knives in the works and I'll always listen to requests.

A little freedom can go a long way. Like you said I'm not opposed to the occasional custom, but I want to stretch my creative legs.

So let me freak a little, and hang on for the ride:D

Thanks Greg, it's gettin there.

Annealing the end of the tang again to ease the peening. While that cools I'm gonna forge a couple of items.

When the end piece gets shaped, I think everything will fall together nicely.

Meanwhile, enjoy this picture of the inside of my head.
20190117_100912-01.jpeg

I havent quite decided on how the end piece will match up with the guards curve. I have to different ideas, I'll try to draw them up and show you what I'm thinking. One they oppose curls, and the other they almost spoon.
20190117_100215-01.jpeg

When the end piece gets shaped, I think everything will fall together nicely.

Meanwhile, enjoy this picture of the inside of my head.
View attachment 1055871

I havent quite decided on how the end piece will match up with the guards curve. I have to different ideas, I'll try to draw them up and show you what I'm thinking. One they oppose curls, and the other they almost spoon.
View attachment 1055873

giphy.gif

The end of the splayed guard will NOT remain open? o_O Curiouser and curiouser.
This will take some supernatural refinement. Of course, I have some ideas, but there
is no room for both of us inside your head. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the development.

Ray

I think it could hold it's own as an open guard now that I look at it like that Ray, but that end piece will extend down and meet the main guard.

:confused: Magic mystery knife maker speak in progress :D

I completely defer to you Sensei :thumbsup: Can't wait to see it happen.

Ray

I have no idea what is inside my head. They locked me out of it years ago. Kinda like those carnies that moved into Homer Simpson's house and wouldn't leave.
I'm probably the only American that has never seen the Simpsons so I'll have to take your word for it.

I'm probably the only American that has never seen the Simpsons so I'll have to take your word for it.

I watched it when it was part of the Tracey Ullman Show. Was very funny in that context. That was enough for me though.

R

Back