Lets see some Hinderer action

It's been a rough week and few days. Abscessed root canal and the infection has spread. Started treatment but feel like crap. The Hinderer is fun to play with when I'm awake as I doze in and out of sleep. No new pics yet.

SReqbRoZjwNcRpsUF_s05xwB_29fxw-_1wsGuh1BfZo54PFwXGtlHrrvdxkHxuQ688KIh7zn_O9EhDz0Yr7D8EkWRlFwzm4U-GOLM4UeLwvQodbM1PPRTdOaJKxpa8ZE6XqRaOiGtkk=w2400

It's been a rough week and few days. Abscessed root canal and the infection has spread. Started treatment but feel like crap. The Hinderer is fun to play with when I'm awake as I doze in and out of sleep. No new pics yet.

SReqbRoZjwNcRpsUF_s05xwB_29fxw-_1wsGuh1BfZo54PFwXGtlHrrvdxkHxuQ688KIh7zn_O9EhDz0Yr7D8EkWRlFwzm4U-GOLM4UeLwvQodbM1PPRTdOaJKxpa8ZE6XqRaOiGtkk=w2400

Shit man, I’ve been there. No fun at all. Hang in there and don’t cut yourself while flipping the Hinderer in the medfog!

There has not much talking about the Skinny. Anyone got one? How does it compare to xm-24? Worth buying? I watched whittys video but am interested in other users experience as well.

Man, I feel for you, BMC. Nice pic, though, and nice pieces there. Hope you get some relief soon, brother!

I'm going in tomorrow to have my hip replaced and have been in a medfog myself this past week as I had to get off the NSAIDs before surgery and have been floating along on an opiate cloud. Doesn't really do as much for the pain but sure makes me goofy and forgetful, or moreso anyway.

The worst thing about the hospital is their NO KNIVES rule. Bad enough getting carved and doped up, but nothing to flip, tweak, or just handle and admire for 2-3 days seems way too cruel. To compensate, I treated myself to a sweet HalfTrack off the Exchange today and have a copper hardware kit coming from Whitty, so I should have something nice to come home to besides my lovely wife and a little project to help me out of the knifeless DTs. Should come out sorta like ScooterG ScooterG 's beauty above, but in G10.

yri9UD3.jpg

4fDoai4.jpg

Get to feeling better soon!

Someone on here, or maybe one other place, asked me a while back when we were going to get more Battle Black 2 Tone Half Tracks with G10. For the life of me I can not find the message anywhere. I probably deleted as I figured they were never going to do anymore. Well they did and we have them. Throwing the bat signal out and hoping this person sees it!

https://flic.kr/p/HfPV7d https://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

There has not much talking about the Skinny. Anyone got one? How does it compare to xm-24? Worth buying? I watched whittys video but am interested in other users experience as well.

Scan's a bit dusty, but here's an XM-24 Skinny with a S90V Ti CF Military for a size comparison.
Not the monster of legend, but a nice knife. Blade is approx. 0.160" vs 0.190" for the regular XM-24. Ti scale is slimmer too. Break in might take forever unless you break the tension on the pivot screw. Does flip decent after break in. Does not shake open.

UUw7VCA.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a couple shots of the new HalfTrack, picked off the Exchange in a very sweet deal from one of our good members here. I wasn't shopping for another HT, but this one caught my eye the day before I went in for surgery this past week and I just pulled the tigger to treat myself to something when I got home.

I bought the copper hardware kit from whitty whitty before I saw this one to use on my Battle Blue HT but thought it would look good on this one, so when I was home last night I swapped out the hardware. In my drug-addled post-op state it was not the smoothest knife tweak I'd ever made and my super-patient wife and son found all the tiny screws and parts I managed to fumble to the floor.

The action on this one is outstanding--wicked smooth and with a just-a-little-tighter detent than my other it really flies out.

Rya2C6I.jpg

PC9e7jk.jpg

Back