Lets see some Hinderer action

Nice which color/finish did you get? I am trying resist the 3” slicer, its hard to justify it when I have a gen4 and Im not sure I care about bearings.
I went with the blue and stonewashed version. I love blue and black and blue and silver color combos. I have 3 XM-18s, one being the gen 6. All of them having different blades and finishes so none are duplicates. I like and use them all. I just think it will be nice to have one a little smaller in the pocket like my Halftrack. I also don’t have a slicer, so that will be neat to try out that blade.

I went with the blue and stonewashed version. I love blue and black and blue and silver color combos. I have 3 XM-18s, one being the gen 6. All of them having different blades and finishes so none are duplicates. I like and use them all. I just think it will be nice to have one a little smaller in the pocket like my Halftrack. I also don’t have a slicer, so that will be neat to try out that blade.
Cool, I dig the blue hinderer scales cant wait to see some pics. Congrats on the new knife.

I just finished looking at the 3” slicers from DLT and decided that I should pass. Then against better judgement, I looked at this thread. Now I want one bad! Still resisting hoping they sell out before I open my wallet and get in trouble with the wife.

I just finished looking at the 3” slicers from DLT and decided that I should pass. Then against better judgement, I looked at this thread. Now I want one bad! Still resisting hoping they sell out before I open my wallet and get in trouble with the wife.
Haha thats bladeforums for ya

That may happen. Only 5 versions left there at the moment :)

How do you like the Firetac?
I like it, I usually am not into thumb disks but it works well on the firetac. I would like to see hinderer put out a ti scale for it. It doesnt get alot of pocket time but its a great casual knife and a decent slicer once reprofiled.

What's with the pivot pin and rear standoff screw sitting proud of the scales? Or am I just seeing an optical illusion?

What's with the pivot pin sitting proud of the scales? Or am I just seeing an optical illusion?
Yeah it does on both sides on the factory scale as well, it looks a little funny but it doesnt feel bad.

Is it supposed to be like that? Looks like you got some loose screws goin' on there...:D
I miss read your forst post the rear screw is flush, just looks loose in that pic. The pivot screw does stick out though.

I like it, I usually am not into thumb disks but it works well on the firetac. I would like to see hinderer put out a ti scale for it. It doesnt get alot of pocket time but its a great casual knife and a decent slicer once reprofiled.

Yeah, my thought also was that it would look a lot better with one of those nice Hinderer thumb studs instead of the disc.

Added brass to all the XM-18s
i.ashx

I’ve got brass on these too, except the Eklipse; I like it as-is.
i.ashx

I would definitely add brass to the green/working finish Slippy if it was available...
i.ashx

Got the 3” DLT exclusive in today and I really like it. Little guy flicks open so fast it almost feels like it’s an assisted opener.
The only problem is that it didn’t come with the spacers or PB and Teflon washers. I sent DLT a message, so I’m sure they will take care of me.

Back