Lets see some Hinderer action

Just finished this up! Peel ply g10 show-side scale in OD green for this skinny =)

i-3DVM2KL-X2.jpg

i-28F74Wd-X2.jpg

Last edited:
I like my copper set of hardware butbe careful with the screws if you switch them out they can strip easily ... have to just snug them ... I used just a touch of Vibra-tite to try it ... otherwise a tiny bit of blue loctite if you end up using the copper screws.
LOL that is exactly why I’ve got the working finish hardware on the front now. Totally my fault and being impatient.

LOL that is exactly why I’ve got the working finish hardware on the front now. Totally my fault and being impatient.

well you aren't the only one that has done that ... I luckily learned from watching someone else install copper hardware and the famous last words I heard were "there just about done ... just snug this down a ... oh S***" ...

and then a new set of screws after I used an easy out to remove two he stripped ... so don't feel bad ...

but I do like that copper look ... I got some bronze to try but haven't installed them yet ... see how they compare when I get time.

well you aren't the only one that has done that ... I luckily learned from watching someone else install copper hardware and the famous last words I heard were "there just about done ... just snug this down a ... oh S***" ...

and then a new set of screws after I used an easy out to remove two he stripped ... so don't feel bad ...

but I do like that copper look ... I got some bronze to try but haven't installed them yet ... see how they compare when I get time.
I’ll probably eventually order three new scale screws. I was able to pound a T8 wiha torx into the one I fubarred up and get it out.

yeah I have attempted that in non knife screws but I didn't have much luck ...

I have used JB Weld and welded a small nut onto a screw head several times but with these fitting flush and the size not sure if they would bond enough to break loose. ...

the easy outs and or grabits are great for most screws unless you get crazy hard screws then you're getting into the same hardness or the tools trying to remove them.

yeah I have attempted that in non knife screws but I didn't have much luck ...

I have used JB Weld and welded a small nut onto a screw head several times but with these fitting flush and the size not sure if they would bond enough to break loose. ...

the easy outs and or grabits are great for most screws unless you get crazy hard screws then you're getting into the same hardness or the tools trying to remove them.
I’ve got some easy outs and they work wonders! That was going to be my next step, if it wasn’t copper i highly doubt I could of pounded a T8 into it!

Hi,

Does your disassembly tool show any patina developing?

Nope, no patina I'm pretty sure Rick said they're made from S35VN so it would be highly unlikely that a patina would develop. If you're seeing something on yours, it could be coloration left behind from the heat treat, kind of like the coloration inside the jimping on some of the stonewashed XM's out there.

I hope you can see the dark spots on top and side of the back spacer/tool. The blade on my Full Track is M390. I am not sure what the pin that holds the spring is made of but just to be safe, I applied a light coat of Frog Lube.

side.jpg Top.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you can see the dark spots on top and side of the back spacer/tool. The blade on my Full Track is M390. I am not sure what the pin that holds the spring is made of but just to be safe, I applied a light coat of Frog Lube.

View attachment 1058868 View attachment 1058869

Really hard to tell with the lighting. Could be small rust spots but would not say for sure without seeing it or at least getting some better pics and lighting.

Back