Lets see some Hinderer action

So I'm getting about a months wage back in taxes, and I'd figured that would be the perfect time to go get myself an Hinderer.

Now, I already know I want one with the three-way system, and I'm fairly certain that I want an XM-18. But which blade style should i go for?
This will be used as my proper EDC, at work and at home.

Is the Skinny a bit flimsy, or will it comfortably take some hard use? Someone recommended that particular style to "everyone".

Is the 3.0 small? Can it be compared to any other well known knives?
Should I go for the 3.5?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have to buy this online, and from abroad, so returns are.. Not pleasant.

I hope the Maximus gets the Tri-way and lockbar insert treatment as well as a size upgrade (like the 24 is to the 18).

So I'm getting about a months wage back in taxes, and I'd figured that would be the perfect time to go get myself an Hinderer.

Now, I already know I want one with the three-way system, and I'm fairly certain that I want an XM-18. But which blade style should i go for?

Is the Skinny a bit flimsy, or will it comfortably take some hard use? Someone recommended that particular style to "everyone".

Should I go for the 3.5?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have to buy this online, and from abroad, so returns are.. Not pleasant.
I’d go with a 3.5 for edc. The Slicer is not flimsy at all I would not be afraid to use it hard. Me personally, I really like the Slicer grind and Swedged Spear from DLT. Great blade shapes for a work knife.

Should I go for the 3.5?

Another vote for the 3.5. It just fits my hands much better. Especially when closing the knife. If I wouldn’t have anodized my only 3, I would be selling it.

Should I go for the 3.5?

What are some 3" and 3.5" knives you currently own? I'll snap a comparison picture if I have them. The 3" works well despite being a little cramped for my XL hand. The 3.5 feels comfy and the Skinny is my favorite version so far. It compares well (size and ergos) with the ZT 0562 if you have access to one.

What are some 3" and 3.5" knives you currently own? I'll snap a comparison picture if I have them. The 3" works well despite being a little cramped for my XL hand. The 3.5 feels comfy and the Skinny is my favorite version so far. It compares well (size and ergos) with the ZT 0562 if you have access to one.
Not that particular ZT no, but I do have a 0450 and a Griptilian, both somewhat hovering around 3.5.
As for 3, a whole lot more than I thought:rolleyes:
PM3 would be a fairly good example. Crooked River Mini would be another one.

I have fairly big hands, the 0450 for instance, is to small for me. Although that might have more to do with the shape of the handle, as a PM3 is excellent.

Not that particular ZT no, but I do have a 0450 and a Griptilian, both somewhat hovering around 3.5.
As for 3, a whole lot more than I thought:rolleyes:
PM3 would be a fairly good example. Crooked River Mini would be another one.

I have fairly big hands, the 0450 for instance, is to small for me. Although that might have more to do with the shape of the handle, as a PM3 is excellent.
0450 is cramped for me as well because of the handle shape, as is the PM3. The Mini Crooked River works well for me because it does not have the same restricting bump on the end of the handle, neither does the Sage, or the XM18 3".

Here is a (not great) picture of the 0562, XM18 3.5 no choil slicer, 0450, XM18 3" no choil slicer, PM3, Sage2
https://i.imgur.com/OC41nq0.jpg

0450 is cramped for me as well because of the handle shape, as is the PM3. The Mini Crooked River works well for me because it does not have the same restricting bump on the end of the handle, neither does the Sage, or the XM18 3".

Here is a (not great) picture of the 0562, XM18 3.5 no choil slicer, 0450, XM18 3" no choil slicer, PM3, Sage2
https://i.imgur.com/OC41nq0.jpg
Oh wow, thanks. Is the 3.5 somewhat comparable to the full-size Crooked River?

Fairly certain I'm at least gonna end up with that size.

a167eb74dfa1f38b724026ec455ab915.jpg

Has anybody ever seen black Half Track / MP-1 hardware?

I don’t think it exists, but I really want it.

Last edited:
Has anybody ever seen black Half Track / MP-1 hardware?

I don’t think it exists, but I really want it.
You could piece a set together.
A 3” black pivot screw would work.
They sell black standoffs for the Jurassic.
That’s the same standoff size as eklipse, Mp-1 & halftrack. I saw this at monkeys edge.
Monkeys edge will also list what other models use the same hardware.
DLT trading as a listing for Eklipse black body screws
(same as halftrack screws).
I think it is possible.

Back