Lets see some Hinderer action

My absolute favorite look on a Full Track is this Battle Bronze with FDE. We only got one in that configuration and I wanted to keep it so bad. Love seeing it next to that Vintage Ranch Bowie. You are right, no matter how good the pic, it can not do the Ranch Bowie justice! You just have to put it in your hand.

Thanks Whitty, coming from you that means a lot! The Battle Bronze is indeed a great look, especially in person. If you have any Battle Black Half Tracks inbound in the future, let me know. That would fit in nicely with these! :)

6FSOz2H.jpg

Since I can’t LIKE your post twice, I have to say, awesome knife! Awesome combo for that matter!

The current Hinderer Family of awesome.

Sadly, I think I'll be parting with a few of these Safe Queens soon. Gotta bring back some sanity to this hobby!

VxIQPJG.jpg

INQi178.jpg

mNzaA2k.jpg

9zUopaJ.jpg

nOP8hH6.jpg

73nZoDD.jpg
I'd take that off you in a heartbeat. No charge.

Reactions: KVT
Just a quick heads up. Rick Hinderer announced today live on his facebook group page that he is discontinuing the titanium Full Track. The main reasons are the excessive cost and time to build each knife. These have a ton of machining done to them and the assembly process is very complex. I can personally testify to the assembly process as I got to help build some of the first ones that were made. Needless to say the Full Track is an $895 knife that the base model only sells for $595. While they might make the Full Track again some day, it will not be made out of titanium, it will be done in Aluminum. So if you have been thinking about a Full Track now is the time. I am sure as word spreads about this that most dealers will sell out quickly.

https://flic.kr/p/2gBDgCNhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

Just a quick heads up. Rick Hinderer announced today live on his facebook group page that he is discontinuing the titanium Full Track. The main reasons are the excessive cost and time to build each knife. These have a ton of machining done to them and the assembly process is very complex. I can personally testify to the assembly process as I got to help build some of the first ones that were made. Needless to say the Full Track is an $895 knife that the base model only sells for $595. While they might make the Full Track again some day, it will not be made out of titanium, it will be done in Aluminum. So if you have been thinking about a Full Track now is the time. I am sure as word spreads about this that most dealers will sell out quickly.

It's always sad when a great piece gets discontinued, hopefully the half track doesn't end up the same.
Jnoh61y.jpg

I don't think it was a big seller to be honest, I've got a full Ti MP-1 and never carry it. I've tried to get into the 'Tracks' but after getting the MP pretty much lost interest.

I seriously don't get the MP-1, it has actual thumbstuds, not blade stops but they're completely useless. I can finger/thumb launch a 3" XM18 with the blade stops easily, like it was made to. I can't do that with a 3.5"XM18 which doesn't bother me, they're blade stops. I also can't do it w/the MP-1 but they're thumbstuds so I s/b able to. I can tear the pad off my thumb trying and the blade doesn't even move off the detent. I have a hard time with that, why are they there?? Knowing that they're useless makes the knife seem stupid.

It's always sad when a great piece gets discontinued, hopefully the half track doesn't end up the same.
Jnoh61y.jpg

The Half Track is not going anywhere. We are working on our next Half Track exclusive as we speak and hope to have it ready by early fall. I am sure I will make some announcements on it here when we get closer! Plus more Half Track Spearpoints will be coming out in the next month or so!

I don't think it was a big seller to be honest, I've got a full Ti MP-1 and never carry it. I've tried to get into the 'Tracks' but after getting the MP pretty much lost interest.

The Full Track was a fantastic seller. It was the largest production run they ever made in the history of Hinderer. What people don't realize is just because you see some in stock and not moving at a dealer does not mean they are not moving. Some models we might have stocked 5-15 deep. On a knife the cost of a Full Track that is some pretty heavy inventory for any knife shop. We only had 6 left when Rick made the Full Track announcement and we sold out that day. I have talked to other dealers I am friends with and most of them are getting very low. They definitely will not be around long. I can just tell you that sell through to the final end user had nothing at all to do with Ricks decision on these. It was a smart and tough business decision.

Sorry I did not get this post here earlier today when we had stock available but I still want to show off the new Hinderer Eklipse 3.0". This is not a skinny but is a liner lock. The liners are very thick ti and it is my favorite small knife Hinderer has put out since the Half Track. Other dealers have some available but they will go quick this week. We have another shipment coming in next week so expect me to show them off a lot more when they arrive! I will get a youtube video of it up soon!

https://flic.kr/p/2gEqLaF https://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

^^ Interesting design going on there. Different domed pivot, looks like a little better thumb access than Skinny 3.0.

^^ Interesting design going on there. Different domed pivot, looks like a little better thumb access than Skinny 3.0.

I’m hoping it has better thumb access too. That was the reason I didn’t end up buying a 3” skinny XM-18.

It's super easy to relieve the scale a little to get better access to the lock-bar, can't even tell it wasn't that way from Hinderer when done.

Back