Lets see some Hinderer action

My Hinderer family has grown with the addition of a Flashpoint. And the folders got new clothes. Both had orange G10 before being swapped out for titanium.
3LxypRN.jpg
kEodnCm.jpg

Quick question for the ignorant (me). Do the fatty xm-18 3.5s take a special scale or are they the same as the regular one? Those full titanium scales look awesome!

Quick question for the ignorant (me). Do the fatty xm-18 3.5s take a special scale or are they the same as the regular one? Those full titanium scales look awesome!

The scale on the Fatty is the same as the one on the regular XM-18 3.5". The only specific to the Fatty are the locking nuts. The Pivot and spacers are the same as the XM-24 and the handle screws are the same as the XM-18 3.5". Hope this helps!

Hope a Hinderer/ZT is allowed :) Got it for a good price on ebay, as it was mislabeled, put in multi-row ceramic bearings with steel washers last week, sharpened on my Japanese wet-stone (~800grit ?) this morning. Knife appeared to have been used a bit, tip was still great. Ready to carry :)

i-7jJf3c8-X2.jpg

Hope a Hinderer/ZT is allowed :) Got it for a good price on ebay, as it was mislabeled, put in multi-row ceramic bearings with steel washers last week, sharpened on my Japanese wet-stone (~800grit ?) this morning. Knife appeared to have been used a bit, tip was still great. Ready to carry :)

i-7jJf3c8-X2.jpg
Nice score!! Love my 560, would really love to have a BW also.

Anybody know when there will be another run of the half tracks? I really want one in battle black to go with my fulltrack.

JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45 I have to ask, which are your top three most useful in your Hinderer collection?

the three I carry most are the Battle Blue Swedged Spearpoint ... the Battle Bronze Skinny Slicer ... but I think is the best slicer IMO is the Sheepsfoot ...

I have a Skinny Sheepsfoot on it's way but our postal service has it touring the north east back and forth so I'll have to see if it gets here this week.

I like the Sheepsfoot for just pure slicing ability ... I think the Skinny models match it but I haven't used it a lot it just had it a couple weeks ...

The Swedged Spearpoint that DLT had as an exclusive is probably my favorite blade ... it's fairly thin behind the edge cuts well and I just like them ... I've been carrying the Swedged Spearpoint with micarta scale on it lately and it has a good feel in my hand.

So I guess you could say the bottom row in these pictures ...
2019-08-18 14.05.51_resized.jpg
2019-08-18 14.04.22_resized.jpg

(with the added exception of the bronze knife in the top row are my favorite and most used/useful Hinderers) ... some are copies and all have been reprofiled to about 15 dps with a micro bevel around 19 or 20 dps ...

Last edited:
Back