Lets see some Hinderer action

ULYuyG9.jpg
Uca6PJW.jpg

^ wow that’s a lot of Hinderers 👍
Those Ti scales on the 1st and 3rd from the left are bad*** looking!

Hell of a collection above - WOW. You are the reason there are none available in stock (just playing - know that must have taken a couple years to get that many possibly).

Just picked up my first Hinderer yesterday (DLT Skinny Slicer 3.5 No Choil). Someone beat me to my first choice. I had no choice to shxt or get off the pot (low inventory - non existent). Been looking for a few months about which model and finish options I liked best. While I like the thicker more robust normal or even the fatty, the skinny would allow me to actually carry it more comfortably. I want a user to beat up and enjoy. Have enough safe queens. Lightning struck twice and 2 hours later I found another skinny with Choil and bought it. Actually like the finished better. I figured I can see which one I like more and sell the other later or return one. Not against keeping both as the start of my new Hinderer addiction. Will post once I get them.

It is time to create a "DLT speed" hashtag in the knife world. I ordered an XM-18 3.5" from it on Thursday and received it this morning (Saturday). This is the fastest shipping that I have experienced by far. Kudos to DLT Trading :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like the blue ^^ 👍
I want a 3.5 Bowie so bad I hope I have some extra money next time they come out with a batch.

Question for the aficionados...

Does Hinderer do in-house heat treating or does he send the blades out to a service like Peters?

I haven't come across any specific info on this.

Question for the aficionados...

Does Hinderer do in-house heat treating or does he send the blades out to a service like Peters?

I haven't come across any specific info on this.

Morning again :)

I remember that for normal, flat ground production blades, Rick started outsourcing grinds and HT in 2012 or 13 or there abouts (XM18 Gen 4). He CNC cuts these blades and finishes them (SW, WF, final sharpening, etc.) in his shop, as well as continuing to re-grind (like your Signature series above, or anything hollow-ground if you see one) and HT custom orders. Don't know who does the HT though.

Roland.

Morning again :)

I remember that for normal, flat ground production blades, Rick started outsourcing grinds and HT in 2012 or 13 or there abouts (XM18 Gen 4). He CNC cuts these blades and finishes them (SW, WF, final sharpening, etc.) in his shop, as well as continuing to re-grind (like your Signature series above, or anything hollow-ground if you see one) and HT custom orders.

Roland.
Thanks, Roland. I wonder if he uses Peters or one of the other "brand name" HT operations. Peters is in western PA, (not far from Ohio), so that wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Thanks, Roland. I wonder if he uses Peters or one of the other "brand name" HT operations. Peters is in western PA, (not far from Ohio), so that wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Would be great to know. Somebody should ask him at one of the shows in the future ... Is Hammer Hammer still around ?

Maybe you guys have already seen this, love this video series from DLT:

This shows you Rick's shop and different machines, including the manufacturing of locksides, Ti scales, screws, etc. At around 10:00 you can see how a new blade template is put through QA (a Wharncliffe?)

Here you can see how an XM is assembled and sharpened:

Roland.

It is time to create a "DLT speed" hashtag in the knife world. I ordered an XM-18 3.5" from it on Thursday and received it this morning (Saturday). This is the fastest shipping that I have experienced by far. Kudos to DLT Trading :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So awesome! My tracking number said Monday delivery but changed Saturday morning and it showed up Saturday! Made for an awesome weekend enjoying my first Hinderer. I've been patiently waiting for this exact knife to drop again and DLT came through! It's everything and more I expected from a RHK, I'm amazed.

It really pops in the sun and wow, the skinny is so nice!

Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

Wow ! Hinderer "Ka-Bar" coming today, a larger guarded, fuller'ed Bowie. Didn't see that coming.

Is this what you are referring to?

(image deleted...not germane)

Last edited:
That's a horse of a different color!!! I wish I needed one.

Back