Lets see some Hinderer action

Finally scored a Half Track Bowie from USA Made Blades. Awesome knife, not crazy about the orange G10, I’m more of an OD green, FDE or Black kinda guy, but as fast as these guys sell I took what I could get. So if anyone wants to do a scale swap I’d be up for that 😉
0CF56973-31CF-40DB-A1E4-AB2F82E1BE04.jpeg

Last edited:
i-NCVcVpv-X4.jpg

I've got a Gen 2 (er...Gen 3?) 3.5" XM-18 slicer on the way. A big brother to my 3" Gen 2 XM-18 (non tri-way, clean blade... so what generation is that for the 3.5"?) Super excited to get the matching pair in pre-tri-way format. I like the Tri-way, but the Gen 2 3-incher is just about perfect for what I want out of a knife, especially since it has been sharpened now. That but in a 3.5" package... sweet!

Should get it sometime this week!

Any bites on the Southern Edges exclusive Eklipse Bowies? Picked up one in ODG w Stonewash finish/blade.

Here are my favorite Hinderers. The 3 Inch Non Flipper is one they really need to make more of again. Would love to have a Battle Black 3 Inch Non Flipper.

XM-18 3 Inch Vintage.
XM-18-3-Vintage.jpg

XM-18 3.5 Skinny Slicer No Choil. Battle Black
XM-18-3-5-Skinny-Slicer-1.jpg

XM-18 3 Inch Non Flipper with walnut scale installed.
XM-18-3-None-Flipper.jpg

Here are my two. I thought the 3.5" was going to have a clean blade (what gen # had no markings on the blade?), but that's okay.

The 3.5" was literally BNIB, I think it was never even flipped open before. Needs some breaking in, but an awesome knife. The blade is SHARP!!!

The 3" is just the sweetest lil knife, and is a forever knife. Love this thing, but it's never been as sharp as it could be. Even after a trip to my local knife sharpener (who knows plenty about pocket knives, has a Hinderer himself...), it just doesn't seem as sharp as it could (should) be. Gotta fix that.

#3 is on the way, shipping to me tomorrow. Another harpoon Spanto, non-skinny. And with a little luck, a non-harpoon spanto may find its way to me as well. And still hoping to track down a sheepsfoot.

Amazing how quickly 1 Hinderer has turned into 3 (maybe 4)...!

Back