Let's see the "crowbars with a point"

Busse Hog Gemini Nuclear
Busse Hog B8 straight clip
both are .350 thick cut bacon
@The Zieg
@WillB
OT7gGrA.jpg

I need to preface this with a couple of things:

I don't own the footage, and I had nothing to do with the knife. I did watch this monstrosity take shape in a group over on the book with the faces. The guy's name is Kornalski, the knife is called "Godzilla". It started as a 26.5 mm thick piece of Caldie steel. I guess it was a custom request, and I'm scared to ask how much it cost.

;) Why ? Did you want to buy one ? :confused:

I can't see any functional application . Maybe some kind of artistic , ironical statement ? :rolleyes:

I kind of did want to buy one, for a little bit. :oops:

But, yeah. I can't see any functional application, either. To end up with a decent bevel angle, the blade would have to have a chord of about five inches. It would still be a legendary beast, but it would also weigh eight pounds.

I loves me some durable knives, but I hardly ever carry the Lil' Roughneck (in my first post), because it's cutting performance isn't worth the weight. I couldn't justify a Godzilla that would just end up sitting on a shelf, because for that kind of weight, I'll use my Stanley Fubar, and put a folder in my pocket...

My CRKT Razel (fixed) is a bit of a pry bar. I thought it might be a useful regular carry blade but I cut myself a couple times with the front edge (not paying attention) and now only use it for scraping, light to medium prying, and occasional cutting. I like them.... the fixed was the first and then I got an assortment of Razel folders which I in fact use far more often than the fixed blade version. I got the knife initially to try out with the intent of buying a handmade version. But punted on the handmade after some use.

XGXBwe6.jpg

SzaboHawk. .30" thick d2.

z1Dit9U.jpg

Spyderco tuff .157" 3v. I believe the thickest folder I own. Still slices surprisingly well.

FeSa9bJ.jpg

Cpk hdfk, just a fantastic knife in every way. The bm arvensis rivals tip thickness of the tglb.

AVKrGXn.jpg

Sog seal team. I use this around the house and yard for just about everything, including prying when needed. Even threw it at and hit a groundhog that was terrorizing the garden (it was spur of the moment, I'm not really a knife thrower, so the butt end hit). It's my one tool option.

I've also got an esee 5. That doesn't see much use though.

Last edited:
The SOG is a good around the house/yard knife. If you hurt it, who cares? (Or I wouldn't.) I have a Seal Pup Elite that has been used for this purpose around the house. At first it was my woods blade, and then I switched away from SOG knives in general. That doesn't change the fact that it is a fairly good knife that can take a lot of abuse if you want to treat it that way. I wouldn't call it a sharpened pry bar however.

The SOG is a good around the house/yard knife. If you hurt it, who cares? (Or I wouldn't.) I have a Seal Pup Elite that has been used for this purpose around the house. At first it was my woods blade, and then I switched away from SOG knives in general. That doesn't change the fact that it is a fairly good knife that can take a lot of abuse if you want to treat it that way. I wouldn't call it a sharpened pry bar however.
And you can find them cheap on the exchange. I've got three pups and three of the larger seal knives. The four extras (two pups and two seal teams) are in various go bags. Good inexpensive back up knives. My two users see a lot of use despite having many "better" knives. I think the regular pups are now made out of 8cr. I'm not sure I'd recommend them as I would be skeptical of the ht. Sog cryo Aus8 is done very well. Not sure of the Chinese made ones.
FexGCwV.jpg

FeSa9bJ.jpg

Cpk hdfk, just a fantastic knife in every way. The bm arvensis rivals tip thickness of the tglb.

The Cpk hdfk looks like a great choice for bomb proof feild utility knife. It does not appear to list the price on the page. Never a good sign... :)

The Cpk hdfk looks like a great choice for bomb proof feild utility knife. It does not appear to list the price on the page. Never a good sign... :)
They sell through the form. I bought it here directly from cpk for $392. It's worth every penny and more. Might be the best knife I own. It has been put through its paces and performed better than anything else I have used for a knife of this size.

They sell through the form. I bought it here directly from cpk for $392. It's worth every penny and more. Might be the best knife I own. It has been put through its paces and performed better than anything else I have used for a knife of this size.

Thanx. That's around price I figure looking at the other knives.

Back