Lets see your Cold Steel mods!!!

That looks pretty cool ! :cool::thumbsup:

I never had any luck trying to make a rope dart / kunai / flying dagger that actually worked right . IIRC I tried using a " Shanghai Shadow " . :(

I don't know if it works or not, I just wanted to build it. I've been trying to learn the rope dart/meteor hammer, but even watching the demonstration videos there's just so much I can't follow.

I don't know if it works or not, I just wanted to build it. I've been trying to learn the rope dart/meteor hammer, but even watching the demonstration videos there's just so much I can't follow.
:eek: Be VERY careful with any "flexible " rope , chain etc type weapons practice because they can do weird and unexpected things , especially when they bounce off something .

I got hurt a lot practicing with nunchucks and even worse with weighted chain / manriki-gusari/ karsari-fundo . :oops:

Very difficult to master . Adding a sharp point / edge makes it just that more dangerous . o_O

:eek: Be VERY careful with any "flexible " rope , chain etc type weapons practice because they can do weird and unexpected things , especially when they bounce off something .

I got hurt a lot practicing with nunchucks and even worse with weighted chain / manriki-gusari/ karsari-fundo . :oops:

Very difficult to master . Adding a sharp point / edge makes it just that more dangerous . o_O

I've got that one covered, I've got a practice dart/hammer with a tennis ball on the end. Even went with a blue scarf on it for such purposes since blue designates inert training dummies.

Modded Spartan blade profile. Weight dropped by a few tenths of an ounce which shifted balance back to index finger.
oWf9PZ0h.jpg

EaJo6eah.jpg

I made a Recon 1 into a "navaja". I used only Dremel sander and wet sandpaper. The spear point resembles a Malaga - style blade, leaf or spear point shape was actually quite common. So this is a modern navaja, "Malaquena". If I really get crazy I could make "carraca" ratchet into the tang, I have seen it done.

zKv2Gkr.jpg

I think I will get another Recon 1, the clip point and make it into s "Sevillana" just for the hell of it.

I prefer the look of the saber grind but this is what happened when I started thinning on belt grinder. I'm not master of the 1X30" :)
Anyway, I had fun modding. I shaved off a few tenths of an ounce in weight. It weighs 6.8oz and the balance is now perfectly neutral. Before it was slightly blade-heavy.
Mods performed:
1. Regrind to thinner flat/slightly convex.
2. Nylon washers replaced with PB.
3. Scales sanded to remove texture.
4. Clip shorted because tip broke off when try to straighten with hammer. Still has sufficient clearance for jean's pocket.
HLa3088h.jpg

Thanks for posting, AF. I have been thinking of removing the texture on mind and it's really cool to see it done.

This isn't much of a mod, but I scored a Recon with damaged tip a few weeks ago, and had an M9 bayonet with tip damage as well (my fault, let's never speak of it). Had some time to kill so took my 3yo son to the garage to show him how to grind them out. Now a little stone work and they'll be good as new.

This Recon will be his when he gets a bit older, unless I can find him a Carbon-V like mine.
p0jnwBd.jpg

Broken Skull sanded blade, lockbar and clip. Small blade profile mod. Pink scales dyed to a dirty red...at least they aren't pink anymore!
Grik reprofiled, reground and sanded blade. HTR removed. Clip replaced. Not only is the stock clip ugly, it must be lifted when pocketing because it has almost no clearance.
KCkBwAnh.jpg

Back