Lets see your Cold Steel mods!!!

So I decided to go with the simplicity of the classic navaja. I like simple and clean lines. Essentially this is the same mod I did to the Talwar; overthrow the handle groove dictatorship and straighten the spine. I also ended up rounding the thumb disk on the Talwar like I did to this Espada.

IMG_4721.JPG
IMG_4720.JPG
IMG_4719.JPG

On of the things I like about Cold Steel products is they are perfect to do modifications to. Lets start a thread showing your favorite Cold Steel mods. I'll start it off with a Cold Steel Trail Master and an SRK with custom G10 handles.

Damn that TM is just gorgeous. Need to find someone who can do that exact handle upgrade for me (as soon as I can afford it). Love the TM, don’t care for the rubber handle too much.

So I decided to go with the simplicity of the classic navaja. I like simple and clean lines. Essentially this is the same mod I did to the Talwar; overthrow the handle groove dictatorship and straighten the spine. I also ended up rounding the thumb disk on the Talwar like I did to this Espada.

IMG_4721.JPG
IMG_4720.JPG
IMG_4719.JPG
Great job on this, i've done similar things to many of my Cold Steels, will have to post some up. The straight spine really changes this one.

Thanks! I've never been a fan of the upswept tip for a tactical or utility knife, and not for lack of trying.

I have a good friend who is an amuture bladesimth in remote town , and i ask him for making some CS knives mods for me.
what come out are really nice , he did great , very professional job done.
Those knives feel great in hand and looks special.
the handles made of stag and cow leather stack , and sanded into very somth shape. those knives are decorated with barass guards.
Recon Scout and TrailMaster 's handle are longer than rubber handles they before got. So the leverage are longer and the chopping power are larger.
stag bottons locked hand very fast and make it very safe when doing slash and chop game.

Last edited:
I have a good friend who is an amuture bladesimth in remote town , and i ask him for making some CS knives mods for me.
what come out are really nice , he did great , very professional job done.
Those knives feel great in hand and looks special.
the handles made of stag and cow leather stack , and sanded into very somth shape. those knives are decorated with barass guards.
Recon Scout and TrailMaster 's handle are longer than rubber handles they before got. So the leverage are longer and the chopping power are larger.
stag bottons locked hand very fast and make it very safe when doing slash and chop game.

Those are beautiful! Great work!

Thanks 45! Did I mention I love modding Cold Steel knives? Speaking of which, I'd really like to get another Recon 1 XL Tanto in xhp to do a wharny with. This time, I'd do it something like this, and tap it for tip down carry:

Cold%20Steel%20Recon%201%20Tanto%20XL%20to%20drop%20point%20wharncliffe%203.jpg

Down the road perhaps...

In the meantime...

Cold Steel Eland: I slimmed down the blade profile to remove the ugly nail nick, thinned out the bevels, rounded the tang (no more ratchet action), and replaced the ring with something quieter and more versatile. No need to slip the finger into the ring now to close the knife, as simply pinching the knot will do.

IMG_4765.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG

Bought second hand. XHP steel. Regrind was done by Big Chris. I sanded off "Ultimate Hunter." I also chamfered the top edges of the scales. The bottom edges come nicely beveled from the factory while the top edges are squared.
coasQPbh.jpg

Has an American Lawman look to it now.

Ive been looking for a place to look at cold steel mods. This is a cold steel pendleton hunter lite i redid the handle on. Its a much better alternative

The handle is white g10 with a black paper micarta guard.

Ive been looking for a place to look at cold steel mods. This is a cold steel pendleton hunter lite i redid the handle on. Its a much better alternative

The handle is white g10 with a black paper micarta guard.

Sounds beautiful!! Where's the pic?

Back