Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

I have to agree with Sunny D and the guys; I have 3 of Eddie's ShadowKnives; For the $ they simply can't be beat. Bill

A couple w/ Stag:

DSC00891.jpg

A few more:

DSC00889.jpg

And finally:

DSC00890.jpg

Thanks!

The engraving was done at Randall. Those two knives had been special ordered through a shop in Dallas, and the person placing the order never picked them up, so I bought them for a great price.

To my knowledge, Randall does no engraving themselves. The shop would have jobbed it out to someone like Ken Hurst or David Perdue or ? In any event, nice knives and evidently a heck of a deal. Congrats.

Oh, yeah! Another happy camper I see. Very fine knife indeed. Anytime I have mine on guys keep asking to see it. The response is always the same. "Wow! That is one fine knife!" So be prepared. ;)

P.S. I have the mini-IX with the thumb groves, too, but in a natural, smooth bone handle. Like you said in the other post, it just fits and balances nicely in the hand and cuts like a dream.

We can't let this great thread sink to oblivion!
Here's my latest home project...
StromengV.jpg

Stromeng blade for Ragnar and handle by me :D

More about it in the "Toolshed"

100_2742-1.jpg

these are my babies oldies but regular users .

I have to get new sheaths made for them

Could you please tell me the manufacturer of the knife on the left. I have an older German knife that looks just like that with a native American chief head engraved on one side similar to what is on your sheath. My is marked Kronenkrebs. I am wondering if yours is the same? I know my knife is very old, but have been unable to find any info on it. It was given to me by my uncle many years ago. Any info you have is appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

Ebbtide,
Sweet handle job.. I also like the unique looking pommel on this knife. Perhaps after the sheath is complete you could show it off again..?

Knife Boy,
You may want to try Bernie Levines Identification forum here at BF.com for more information on your knife.

Okay, I've posted this elsewhere but here's my newest purchase - a repro trading knife by Jeff White:

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

Sorry my photo skills aren't the greatest.

stromengdone1.jpg

stromengdone2.jpg

I'm calling it done. Me thinks the vinegar etch gives it a nice 'old world' touch.
The sheath will come soon, still haven't decided what to do.
Thanx for the kind words :D

Ebbtide, love those leather handles Excellent Job!

Another contribution to the thread, how's a muskrat custom nessmuk for taditional?

nessi002.jpg

Ebbtide, the vinegar etch is an excellent touch and does seem to complete the knife.

MM, what kind of wood is that? Almost looks like there's a fossilized fern in there.

Back