Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

I'm going to create a new topic for this one, but also thought I'd drop a pick here, since I'm a new proud pappa:

Eddie White's latest. In fact, he created a new model for me, and this is #001. For the first time anywhere, I present Shadow Knives model XI:

ShadowKnivesXI001.jpg

6-3/4" overall, 3-3/4" handle of sheephorn, 3" blade of 440C in a Wharncliff style. My first "true" custom, in that it was made for me completely from scratch (not even a previous template). I have a very nice customized Copperhead, and a Ranger RD7 that I ordered with a custom grind and finish, but this, this is mine. Go ahead, line up at www.shadowknives.com, and tell Eddie you want a XI just like Sam's. :D

-- Sam

AIW, thanx :D
MM, that is some fine wood...and the knife and bad either ;)

knives4001.jpg

The khukuri is the second knife I ever made. I was 12 or so. many many years ago.
dang! thats a horible picture. Looked ok when it was small and I dident have my glasses on.

Wonderful fixed blades one and all..

I love that red cedar Muskrat Man!

Super nice custom from Eddie White there Sam!

Fine collection bikermikearchery, I especially like the #2 from the top with what looks like a Kurki with a double guard.

Excellent looking trade knife by Jeff White there Matt.

Ebbtide the knife has turned out absolutely stunning.

I posted this custom fixed blade of my own design in another thread a while back, but since I have not seen any fixed blades lately here, I thought I would post this recent fixed blade in this old thread which is where it belongs and ask the rest of you folks to add your fixed blades here as well. After all this is the, "Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades" community.... Right!!?.:D

000_1378.jpg

000_1381.jpg

000_1383.jpg

000_1384.jpg

000_1386.jpg

Thanks for reviving this one sunnyd. This is a Scout knife made in Sweden for the world Jamboree there in 1935. Nice etch of a scout on the blade.
Scout31.jpg

Scout003.jpg

What a super example of an older Fixed Blade scout knife / hunting knife. Likely used for everything from filleting fish and skinning game to camp chores back in the yesteryear days. Thanks S-K!!.:thumbup:

Here's one of my favorite good old basic fixed blades. It's a Bob Dozier K1 in ironwood and D2.

IMG_1610.jpg

OH man,, Ford, you are killing me with that sweet Dozier!. She is Absolutely Gorgeous!. Dr. D~2(Bob) has the best heat treat and finish process of D~2 steel in the world hands down, and it shows in every knife he produces!. I have owned over a dozen of his knives over the past several years, but was only able to keep my favorite Dozier knife when it came right down too the nut cutt'n. They were all so popular and were fetching such high dollars, that I sold off all of them on the secondary market to the highest bidder for a small profit..

Here is my favorite though... which I will never get rid of for any price as I use this fixed blade at least three times a week and sometimes more. It literally splits hairs!!. So watch out everybody..:D She is one of Bob's originally Arkansas Travelers which I purchased quite a while back in the hide-away horizontal kydex belt sheath. She is ground so very thin to cut just like a razor it almost makes one frightened.. Jigged Red Bone w/notched thumbed spine,, and you don't see those every day anymore.

redboneark-trv.jpg

sunny,
The K31 Arkansas Traveler is one of my favorite fixed blade designs, hands down. Yours is a beauty. :thumbup: They are such a good EDC size and the ergos are terrific. They really remind me of a fixed blade version of a medium Dozier folding hunter (and vice versa).

Here's my two current Travelers. One in caramel bone, and one in canvas micarta.

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

this Anza lives in the door pocket of the jeep. This knife feels solid as a rock in your hand and you can shave with it. I picked this up from a Guy at a knife show who carried this in the military. I asked him what he did in the military and he said he made coffee, drove trucks, etc. Yeah right! This same guy told me that the beauty of a back edge is that there is no defense for the backslash. It's like it has a mysterious previous life that I can only imagine. Love the knife, it's definately on the never sell list. I contacted Anza because this pattern was not in their listings online. He replied that this knife was designed by a guy who taught knife fighting/self defense and made a limited number of these for the San Jose S.W.A.T. (I think that's how it went) I can verify that it will easily take the head off of a large bass.

Attachments

• IMGA0027.JPG
    IMGA0027.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMGA0028.JPG
    IMGA0028.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 178
I posted this one in the Gallery several months ago but it should qualify for this thread in the Traditional forum too. Daniel Wilkler, of course. About 7 inches overall.

IMG_1504_2_2.jpg

IMG_1505_2.jpg

Ford,

Never had the Carmel bone AT but did have several of the Micarta's which are some of the ones that I sold.

Thanks for sharing those with us brio!

What is it about fixed blade knives that are so compelling,, what?. Style, Art, Function..??

Take wudnme's Anza knife.. The top edge, sharpened clip point or swedge as it is sometimes referred too is indeed deadly. Although more common on a larger Bowie style knife hand made over a hundred years ago prior to Sam Colt's invention of the Single Action Colt Pistol, which was the first line of defense, and could dispatch ones foe with the proper techniques. These moves are still taught today by several great teachers in the art of knife fighting. My personal favorite whom I count as fine example is James Keating. However, there are many other quality teachers as well. The one which he(wudnme) refers too is called the back-cut and when delivered properly it is extremely difficult to recover from.

So Thank You to wudnme for sharing that very cool knife with the likes of us here!! :)

Back